SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB gigging 1x12 combo

My Dad has recently come out of retirement and got himself in a band again so is after a combo suitable for gigging.

His main requirements are 1x12 open back combo, enough clean headroom for a clean sound at gigging level, 2 channel and an fx loop.

He has been looking at things like the fender blues/hotrod deluxe and blackstar HT 40 but is quite open to anything suitable.

Budget up to £300 but maybe a little more for the right amp.

Anyone got anything that might fit the bill? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 834
    I've got a nice Line 6 DT25 - not to be confused with other L6 modelling amps, the DT25 is more of a traditional valve amp, with 2 channels, both with a full set of independent controls and some clever switching to provide a very versatile amp.

Price is £265.
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• There's a Blackstar HT40 Club just gone up on my local Facebook selling group for £250 in pristine condition. I was actually tempted at that price. Happy to find the details and forward to you? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I also know a guy that's selling a JCM900 TSL60 that has had all the common problems fixed so it won't have the flaws of the TSLs. He's after £300 for that, and again looks in top nick. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • There's a Blackstar HT40 Club just gone up on my local Facebook selling group for £250 in pristine condition. I was actually tempted at that price. Happy to find the details and forward to you? 
    Yes please that would be great thanks!
  • Thanks for the responses so far, will pass them on!
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    There's a Rivera Clubster 45 for sale at Rich Tone Music. Would jump on it myself if I had the dough:

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/rivera_clubster_45_combo_amp_2nd_hand-yother58897/
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    My Dad has recently come out of retirement and got himself in a band again so is after a combo suitable for gigging.

His main requirements are 1x12 open back combo, enough clean headroom for a clean sound at gigging level, 2 channel and an fx loop.

He has been looking at things like the fender blues/hotrod deluxe and blackstar HT 40 but is quite open to anything suitable.

Whereabouts are you?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    I have a Peavey Classic 30 valve amp going spare - recently revalved. It has been gigged with, but since the revalve, I just keep it as a spare. Good clean channel, great drive chanel, with spring reverb. Very good condition. Was looking for around £350.00.
  • McToot said:

Whereabouts are you?

Shrewsbury/Wolverhampton area
  • I've got an Ashdown Peacemaker 40w valve amp - great sounding amp with good feature set.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    McToot said:

Whereabouts are you?

Shrewsbury/Wolverhampton area
    A bit remote from where I am (W. Sussex), unfortunately . I have a mint Fender Blues Deluxe, which I'm not dead set on selling but which is geeting no love since I got a Marshall Origin 20

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)