SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Jim Kelley Single Channel Reverb Head

What's Hot
Z28Z28 Frets: 40
edited November 2018 in Amps £
Hi All,

Putting this beauty up for sale or trade because it's just too big for me these days. I don't record or gig much at the moment. I mostly just play smaller amps around the house, so this isn't getting used as much as it deserves. This is hands down the best amp I have ever owned, so it is with a heavy heart that I am letting this go. Kelleys are often mentioned in the same breath as Dumble and Trainwreck, and I can definitely see why. However, Kelleys are a lot cheaper. :-)

What really blows my mind about this amp is how well it lets the character of your guitar shine through. Every guitar sounds different through it. Also, it is one of the very few amps that can really do amazing kind of Fendery cleans, cracked Plexi drive and everything in between, only by riding your guitar's volume knob. Throw a boost in front and you can go far beyond Plexi territory overdrive. 

I bought this amp new a few years ago, and it is one of the Suhr-made Jim Kelleys, made when Jim worked for them. It is identical to the original series, and if anything, it is probably a bit more reliable.  My example is pretty much in new condition. I even have the original box still with it. 

I'd be interested to trade the amp for a nice guitar, perhaps a Collings 290 or 360 or a nice Fender CS Strat or Tele. I live in the Netherlands but I'd be willing to travel for the right trade, so the deal can be made in person. Of course, I'm also open to selling the amp. I'd be looking to clear $OLD for the amp (after shipping and bank/PayPal fees). This is a bit of a fretboard special, I have it up for more money on Reverb. I only just got a feedback thread on here apparently, but have made some deals with established members here if anyone requires some more references. 

SOLD!

Pics: 
https://imgur.com/a/4xmDW6c

Thanks, 
Maurice
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    So simple and yet so special
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Z28Z28 Frets: 40
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for that @Roland !

And yes, most definitely @Dominic ... Really tough for me to let this one go..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CalelCalel Frets: 31
    Love mine (allthough it got damaged during shipping and resulted in a couple of back and forth's to the repair shop - thank you all btw!) and have been considering creating redundancy back up...For whom it may be of interest, Jim K is building a few amps (similar to this one leveraging his latest innovations to create even more musical overdrive - but with no reverb) that he is auctioning. Z28's amp is probably a good and cost efficient way to get hold of the Kelley sound!