New HX Effects owner...

What's Hot
TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4775
I've been looking at ways to convert my effects setup from a standard pedals and switchers board into something more integrated, flexible and lighter.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on an HX FX - mainly to pair up with an AMP1. I was very impressed with the demo of the Headrush Gigboard that I attended at Absolute Music recently, plus some time playing with one. The sounds were good and I also rather liked the user interface. However, I want to use MIDI to switch AMP1 settings when I load patches, and the HX seems so much better on paper for that. I may also be able to assign an expression pedal to control the power soak through it, too. 

The Headrush products only appear to support the issuing of one Program Change command when a new patch is loaded. The HX seems to offer a bit more.

So, it arrived yesterday from Peach. I updated the firmware to 2.70 and checked it still worked. Now it's time to test the MIDI and find some nice sounds. 

So far, it sounds pretty good, but it's very early days.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I really like mine. I was going to plug in other pedals but so far have not felt the need. I haven't used the IR stuff. I don't really understand it. The pitch shift stuff isn't great and I wish the arbiter was more Hendrix sounds very distorted to me. But that's about it. I like the delays and it sounds great on recordings 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I really like it.........the pitch shifts are poor but the drives, modulations,delays,wahs etc are really good.
    To put that in context.....they are 95% as good as the real thing and in some cases even a bit better but the overall package is so neat, convenient,easy to use and such good value that you would need a £2000 peddle board to square up to it and would be very hard pushed to hear any difference in a band or gig context.WINNER.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom