Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

IF you could go back and change your FRETBOARD id /Name ...........

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16136
Being older and Wiser .......What would you rather be known as ?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Dopeterminallyill
    Dopecomatose
    Dopedead
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nope. I particularly enjoy the cryptic nature of mine. 
    How very rock and roll
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nope. I particularly enjoy the cryptic nature of mine. 
    Me too 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm staying classy with mine, as ever. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluechargemiddleagedman
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16136
    So on a mediterranean holiday I asked a local how he got his unusual name ...............
    He looked around and pointed to a little village in the valley below
    " You see those roofs ......I built them all "......but do they call me' Pedro the roofer "......"NO"
    "you see all those Olive trees ......I planted them all "......but do they call me Pedro the Olive-Planter "NO"
    "now, you see all those graves in the cemetery......I dug every single one ".....do they call me Pedro the Grave-digger ....No
    But just ONE lousy Goat I fucked..........................
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    No regrets. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    [insert name of banned member]
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    After a Floyd song ... maybe ... maybe not ... then I thought of Zero the Hero (after some Gong lyrics on the 'You' album), but then maybe not. Hey, I like Zappa, so surely after a song in his catalogue would work? Sigh, he wrote too many great songs with great titles. Well ... how about after one of his albums? Yellow Shark or The Grand Wazoo or Thing Fish? Maybe..... maybe not.

I could devote hours to answering this most benign of questions, and probably and eventually come to the conclusion that fandango is okay. Even if I'm not necessarily a ZZ Top fan or a ballroom dancer or Spanish.

However, I wouldn't mind capitalising the first letter, thus: Fandango. 
  • canadianbacon
  • As my actual name isn't Eric when I've met the odd forum member ( sometimes very odd...) I've struggled to know wether to say I am Eric or Eric The Weary or my actual name or just start with a convoluted explanation. So I either should have gone with something that included my real name or something clearly not a name. However, as between here and musicradar and one or two other places I've been Eric online for such a long time...sorry, what was the question? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I'm still not a DJ....but I think my namesake is....so all good here.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    As my actual name isn't Eric when I've met the odd forum member ( sometimes very odd...) I've struggled to know wether to say I am Eric or Eric The Weary or my actual name or just start with a convoluted explanation. So I either should have gone with something that included my real name or something clearly not a name. However, as between here and musicradar and one or two other places I've been Eric online for such a long time...sorry, what was the question? 
    I have exactly the same problem as I’m not called Adam.  It gets a little tedious to explain it everytime which in itself is a little frustrating and I’m sure no one responds to a pm from @stickyfiddle with “wait your name’s not Sticky? Why?”  

Its an old screen name which I’ve had for 20 years now so don’t see the point in trying to change it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Should be a forum amnesty, hand in your old tired boring id and get a nice new interesting one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
    Yeah I could be Goliath or Kong the Hunter....

munckee is my nickname for my wife as in the Johnny Vegas tea advert "I luv you munckee" (so for those who meet me it needs to be pronounced in a northern accent) I use it for various things so when asked to sign up I couldn't think of anything else.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I'd change it to OneWordDan and have fun only responding to posts in single word confab
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    dindude said:
    I'd change it to OneWordDan and have fun only responding to posts in single word confab
    Yeah?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wouldn't change it. I nearly signed up to Intermusic with an ID I used in motorbike chatrooms - remember them? That was Real Leather... although that would still be relevant as I wore my leather pants to ride in this morning. ;)
  • Michael Fish

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    With hindsight I'd probably gone with something more anonymous, it just seemed logical to use the name I was christened with. Parents can be cruel.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom