SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT/FS - Duesenburg Caribou cheaper price & free pedal! OFFERS ACCEPTED

What's Hot
horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
edited January 2019 in Guitars £
Right first off this is an amazing guitar that covers just about everything and if my dinky little hands could get used to the neck I'd be keeping it, however....I do have dinky hands so....

It's the twin pickup that has humbucker at bridge & P90 at neck, it sounds huge, every single tone is usable. The guitar itself is in as new status. The guitar has only once been to a practice and has never been gigged. It comes with all the case candy and the most amazing case I've ever seen! 

I'd be looking to change to something with P90's and with these going for £1690 as being as new I think the price at £1400 is fair.
This was my wedding present from my wife and I thought I would get used to the neck, but alas, no! Need to get something that suits me a bit more and I'm looking for a P90 Les Paul'y style or PRS Mcathy P90 or something 335ish, Low wattage amps considered in p/x

REDUCED PRICE1250!!! Or trades as above 
Buy this and get your choice of:
Lovepedal pickle
Mxr carbon copy
Mouse fuzz octave
Boo instruments tremolo

Bargain!!!

image image image image image
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Ads work better with pictures

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thanks bud

• This was my wedding present from my wife and I thought I would get used to the neck, but alas, no! Need to get something that suits me a bit more
    Brave man....very brave man
    Feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

• This was my wedding present from my wife and I thought I would get used to the neck, but alas, no! Need to get something that suits me a bit more
    Stupid man....very stupid man
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • W/o daring if anyone has got ones of those beautiful PRS soapbars with the switch behind the pickups to trade

Or you can make an offer on this beauty
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Well that’s spectacular 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6683
    That's glorious. 

I just had a PRS McCarty soapbar on here but it went last week!

Fancy this though?

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/142763/fs-b-g-little-sister-crossroads#latest
  • shaunm said:
    Well that’s spectacular 
    You know you want it!

merlin said:
    Sorry, that's just not my thing. Thanks for th offer though
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 301
    How do you like this: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/139870/ft-prs-mccarty-soapbar-in-black#latest? ;

I'm not sure that I need the Duesenburg though. Sonically seems very familiar to my Power Jet. 
  • that's the one I had in mind! 

but in gold....but it is lovely!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    antonyiv said:

I'm not sure that I need the Duesenberg though.
    Struggling to see the relevance of this verb when it relates to guitar-buying....?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Guitar or the wife lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • lol...either
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    antonyiv said:
    How do you like this: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/139870/ft-prs-mccarty-soapbar-in-black#latest? ;

I'm not sure that I need the Duesenburg though. Sonically seems very familiar to my Power Jet. 
    As someone who had a Powerjet and now has a Caribou, you don’t get off that easily I’m afraid. 

Quite different sounding guitars. Sorry ;)
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 301
    @dazzajl: Elaborate a bit more, please. From all the demos that I’ve heard, the Caribou sounds somewhere between a Tele and a Power Jet. At least to me, of course.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    edited November 2018
    I can do @antonyiv ;;

I found the Powerjet to be quite a one trick pony. The Powertrons seemed very mid stacked to me. Often sounding quite muddy in a Jet until
    they get let loose through a hot amp in band setting. Then what cuts through is pure Gretsch goodness and it absolutely rocks. Doing anything else always felt like swimming against the tide. 

The Caribou offers two very different pickups. The bridge is quite a brittle and toppy sounding thing. I have mine right up to the strings and it’s just rude frankly. It’s bitey and aggressive but easily kept away from getting to ice pick territory with a little tone rolled off at the amp. Will take you from power chords and riffs to punk 

The P90 is super smooth and warm. Mellow yet somehow balances perfectly volume wise with the snarly and gritty bridge. The downside of this broad stretch is I don’t think the middle position works well. 

It’s also far better built than the Jet. The hardware is a definite step up, the controls are usable and do just what they’re supposed to. It  will always stay in tune when you use the trem and mine will allow an action much lower than I actually like to play. 

All that said, it’s probably harder to love a guitar that perfect than it is the Jet, with all it’s quirks and idiosyncrasies. Mine has got totally under my skin though and I do love it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Let's hear some ideas for trades or outright buys
  • Here we go....you know you want it
  • bloop....I'm that sound in the middle of the ocean!
  • New month bump