Any Valley Arts fans Out there !

What's Hot
Hi

I am new to the forum and a BIG HELLO to all.

I might be wanting to part with one of my VA's in there near future, a 91 Standard Pro in ttransulcent Red with VA looking tremolo.

It is in fantastic condition as I only play it on high days and holidays . She is a real closet queen.!

Any one got any interesting VA's ????

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24842
    edited November 2018
    This is effectively a classified ad, very thinly disguised as a ‘let’s talk about Valley Arts guitars thread’ - and as such probably isn’t really in the spirit of ‘engaging with the forum’ prior to advertising....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5176
    Welcome to the Forum.....I’d change the exclamation mark in your thread title to a question mark, or you will fall foul of the forum’s grammar police, who’ll be along shortly.... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    We need Pics or it didn’t happen ! Welcome to the Forum, break out the Hobnobs and put the kettle on ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14319
    tFB Trader
    The last one I was offered was at a guitar show some months ago and I thought it was seriously over priced - can't recall the exact model or price - I think they are a point in time in that Larry and Steve, amongst others, played them in the 80's but quickly moved on

I dare say they have their fan club, for original models, but in many ways more hype about them than substance, especially when prices get silly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    I'm a fan of Valley Arts guitars, but I like to know if they're all original or not.
  • Isn't it the custom pros that people last after, at least thats what mike Caswell thought I think and he seemed to know his stuff

Anyway we await your advert OP
  • TitchTitch Frets: 45
    I had a custom pro about eight years ago but I believe it was a Gibson produced model.Nice guitar well made, quite a chunky neck and quality hardware Sperzel's and a Hipshot hardtail bridge,HSS configuration but I moved it on as I didn't bond with it.
  • Welcome 
    I am a VA fan more in Spirit than actual ownership I had. 3 year loan from a friend of a Custom Pro a while back and loved it he went back to the states and did not want to sell so I spend time looking at getting another but frankly it’s become a silly collectors club IMHO.

where everyone is eulogising over serials signatures pre Gibson blah blah blah.

ultimately there are some very nice guitars but the over hyped prices have kept me from owning a US version.

i have a truly splendid Japanese M version  i bought a few years back which was one of the early ones with interlock neck 24 frets on a Gibson scale mostly as its is a superb built Japanese version of the Larry Carlton carved Tele which I had coveted back in the day.

but do post a classified of yours when you are ready in the right section and keep the forum running smoothly.

• Welcome 
    I am a VA fan more in Spirit than actual ownership I had. 3 year loan from a friend of a Custom Pro a while back and loved it he went back to the states and did not want to sell so I spend time looking at getting another but frankly it’s become a silly collectors club IMHO.

where everyone is eulogising over serials signatures pre Gibson blah blah blah.

ultimately there are some very nice guitars but the over hyped prices have kept me from owning a US version.

i have a truly splendid Japanese M version  i bought a few years back which was one of the early ones with interlock neck 24 frets on a Gibson scale mostly as its is a superb built Japanese version of the Larry Carlton carved Tele which I had coveted back in the day.

but do post a classified of yours when you are ready in the right section and keep the forum running smoothly.

There is a Larry Carlton on dba.dk - Danish version of gumtree...
  • Had a quick look but search threw up nothing on Dba if you have link it would be helpful thanks