Bullet Mustang

What's Hot
Pals, like nearly everyone else I've grabbed a Bullet Mustang (the beautiful surf green one) and am deciding how best to alter it. I quite like the idea of a trem, but is this do-able without causing drastic intonation issues? All thoughts welcome. I promise I'm not gonna put a Bigsby on it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    edited November 2018
    I dropped in to see what a Bullet Mustang was. No pix :(
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    Kahler :).

I'm totally serious, it's one of the few that will fit and do a really good job. Unfortunately it will cost about as much as the guitar...

(Personally I wouldn't fit the locking nut either, unless it really causes serious tuning problems.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    axisus said:
    I dropped in to see what a Bullet Mustang was. No pix :(
    It's in bits at the moment, any photos would look like a crime scene
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    edited November 2018
    I put new pickups and new electronics in mine.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/116540/blinged-up-squier-bullet-mustang#latest

I'd be reluctant to put a trem on to be perfectly honest but its your guitar... 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    edited November 2018
    I'd be reluctant to put a trem vibrato on
    FTFY

I'd leave the budget guitar fixed bridge. 

ICBM said:
    Kahler . I'm totally serious, it's one of the few that will fit and do a really good job. 
    +1 The Kahler mechanism cavity goes neatly between the two spring cavities on a regular Mustang. Case in point - Adrian Belew. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Oh wow, that thing is ghastly looking. Looks like a medieval torture device. Fixed bridge it is then, now on to the reverse headstock!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    My recollection from an American forum was that the joy of the Squier Bullet Mustang HH, the Pawnshop '51 model and the Hello Kitty Strat was that they were inexpensive to acquire and fun to modify. The knack was not spending too much money on any of those mods. 

In the specific case of the HK Strat, the obvious mod is to upgrade the pickup, pot and jack socket. If I recall correctly, the short cut to a Rock Beast was an EMG-81 (or 81X) in the tasteful white.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone got any leads on where I'll find a lefty neck for a Mustang? My new P90-sized guard came today, and I've just noticed the reflection of the light above doing an impression of a competition stripe:
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4902/45847665211_a746d513df.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom