Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anderton's Vertex video

What's Hot

Comments

• Oh dear!  The millennial snowflake 'I'm offended, you're bullying me' crowd have rocked up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  •  I was already refusing to buy stuff from Andertons because of what I thought was poor attitude and service when I returned a guitar that wouldn't stay in tune a few years back.  Now this incident comes along and reinforces my disinclination to deal with them.

What I am therefore keen to know is when my bullying of them started.  Was I already bullying them by refusing to purchase stuff from them after getting poor service?  Or did I only start bullying them when part of my motivation for avoiding them was their willingness to get into bed with a known crook? 

It's all very perplexing.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Well he has just removed his latest amp mod video. After John Suhr commented saying it was a bad idea (as did others)

He tried to argue, but lost, so took the video down. Evidence on tgp! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LightB4soundLightB4sound Frets: 161
    edited November 2018
    Anyone actually played guitar today? :)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited November 2018
    joeyowen said:
    Well he has just removed his latest amp mod video. After John Suhr commented saying it was a bad idea (as did others)

I'd like to read that thread if you have the link (as it's currently a hot topic I don't really want to read multiple over the top threads about it)

-- edit never mind found it --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    edited November 2018
    joeyowen said:

John Suhr *and* Sound City Amps (ostensibly Steven Fryette). Then on TGP, Andy Fuchs chimed in. In short, Mason's "mod" invalidates a warranty and causes great risk to the amp while achieving no sound effect.

That's the perfect summary of Mason.

And that is Lee's boy, the one for whom he provided promotion and a money back guarantee!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I had a quick blast in my Strat after hitting a deadline this afternoon (I rule!).

It sounded ok through my clean amp but i fancy something Dumble-ish, can anyone recommend a good pedal around £200?  :o  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh dear!  The millennial snowflake 'I'm offended, you're bullying me' crowd have rocked up
    With tents and weekend camping passes
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Just flicked through TGP thread on this... ouch. 
  • Fuengi said:
    I had a quick blast in my Strat after hitting a deadline this afternoon (I rule!).

It sounded ok through my clean amp but i fancy something Dumble-ish, can anyone recommend a good pedal around £200?  :o  
    Oh yeah there is one that comes to mind, but can’t for the life of me remember the brand name....it’s something like Vermax, Vurtux or something. I do know that Andertons stock them though, might be with a look, nothing but praise on the internet for them! :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    The latest episode on TGP just proves again Mason is a pathological liar, he will DOUBLE down on his lies and errors until such a point where he just hit the resets button and hoping people will forget and the gullible section just forgive and forget.

How many times and how much proof does one needs that this man is not good for the industry?
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    First time in years I got about an hour playing. I’ve also ignored this thread all day
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited November 2018
    Roland said:
    Anyone actually played guitar today?
    First time in years I got about an hour playing. I’ve also ignored this thread all day
    Well not all day  =)
  • Anyone actually played guitar today? :)
    Does bass count? Done lots of that! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    edited November 2018
    The video is back now, with edited title and an "explanatory" description now that he's been called out by the adults. You have to read the b.s. story he made up to justify him getting called out for pulling something clean out of his ass in order to appreciate its brazen glory. I can't do its stupidity any justice.  

__

"**DO NOT PERFORM MOD #1**
     Updated video here: https://youtu.be/WMmv5xrMWg0

The Rig Doctor got it WRONG on this one! Thanks to Steve Fryette and John Suhr for chiming in, I spent the better part of this afternoon retesting mod #1 on several other re-issue Fender and Hot Rod Deluxe amps we have at the shop, only to find that I was incorrectly attributing the sonic benefits of removing a non-functioning component as indicative as something beneficial to all similar amps. Turns out, mod #1 does nothing, and, if done improperly, could jeopardize your output transformer. Feel free to comment on questions regarding the speaker mod or call me out for not fully vetting the mod prior to going live with it. In future, we'll be sure to have all these mods totally road tested, with a larger sample size that one amp. Thanks for watching!

~Mason"
    __

What an absolutely hilarious fraud. Endorsed by Anderton's! Guaranteed not a lying fake, or your money back!

You know, I have a hard time taking gear expertise from a guy (Lee) who can't spot (or doesn't bother to ask people who can spot) such a complete lack of knowledge.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33796
    edited November 2018
    Oh dear, that is tragically stupid.
    It staggers me that he is still showing his face.

He actually calls himself the Rig Doctor?
    What a douchebag.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • It's as though he thinks that we'll all believe that this was just an 'oops' leading to an exchange of expertise among peers...instead of a pair of world class amp experts stepping in to prevent a complete know-nothing from causing people to damage their amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22116
    edited November 2018
    deano said:
    Heartfeltdawn said:

I would liken the situation to a footballer who dives. It isn't a crime but it is against the spirit of the game and so the barracking that player receives from fans is deserved. 

That analogy doesn't work. Diving is properly known as simulation, and is very much against the Laws of Football. Players can be carded and banned if guilty. So again, why hasn't this man been prosecuted? Is it because he has done some shady things, but hasn't actually broken the law?

In the spirit of football discussion, that's a woeful defence and Alan Hansen is shaking his head at you. 

At what point did diving become a criminal offence according to the laws of this country? The rules of the game and the rule of law are rather different things. 

Now your later quote:

For example if I buy a Tesco Value Pork Pie and label it as a Marks and Spencer Premium Pork Pie, I am passing off an inferior pork pie off as a superor pork pie, and using Marks and Spencer's reputation to help me sell it.

But if I labelled a Tesco Value pork pie and labelled it as Deano's Lovely pork pie, then no reputation has been damaged and consumers have not been fooled into thinking they are buying a M&S pie.

It is the same with buying a BBE pedal and relabelling it as a Vertex pedal before selling it for a huge amount of money. No reputation has suffered and no reputation has been used to sell the product except Vertex's such as it is. Therefore it is not passing off. It might be embarrassing, or sharp-practice, or funny depending on how you feel about it, but it is not passing off.

Just wanted to clarify that because accusing someone of passing off without proof is not a good idea legally.

If you label a Tesco value pork pie as a Marks and Spencer pork pie, you're incorrectly using a trademarked name. I believe the 1967 Misrepresentation Act might be involved here. 

If you then label a Tesco value pork pie as Deano's Lovely Pork Pie, then you infringe no trademark. However your advertising spiel would have to be truthful. If your Tesco value pork pie is made by machines and you advertise your Deano's Lovely Pork Pie as being a hand raised non-mechanical thing of chef wonder, then you're being dishonest and misrepresenting the item. 

It is this element that Mason failed on so badly. He used BBE wah pedals, relabelled them, and made spurious claims about them, the greatest being the NOS Axis Wah that was $50 more than the stock ones and had no NOS parts in it. 

The original spiel:

"The Axis Wah is the finest representation of a 1960's style Wah with a few modern additions. It is designed to produce the most vocal characteristics reminiscent of the classic Wah tones we know and love, yet provide a smooth and rounded top-end that doesn't get too bright. Each unit includes our custom hand-wound HALO inductor, hand-made custom potentiometer, and hand-picked components to give this wah its distinctive voice."

The HALO inductor wasn't custom-made for Vertex. The "custom potentiometer" was a standard pot that came from Small Bear Electronics. 

We won't even start on Mason actually claiming at one point to have designed the BBE wah...

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/08/vertex-axis-wah-bbe-ben-wah.html

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Do Andersons sell pork pies now? 
    Fancy one for some reason 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The video is back now, with edited title and an "explanatory" description now that he's been called out by the adults. You have to read the b.s. story he made up to justify him getting called out for pulling something clean out of his ass in order to appreciate its brazen glory. I can't do its stupidity any justice.  

__

"**DO NOT PERFORM MOD #1**
     Updated video here: https://youtu.be/WMmv5xrMWg0

The Rig Doctor got it WRONG on this one! Thanks to Steve Fryette and John Suhr for chiming in, I spent the better part of this afternoon retesting mod #1 on several other re-issue Fender and Hot Rod Deluxe amps we have at the shop, only to find that I was incorrectly attributing the sonic benefits of removing a non-functioning component as indicative as something beneficial to all similar amps. Turns out, mod #1 does nothing, and, if done improperly, could jeopardize your output transformer. Feel free to comment on questions regarding the speaker mod or call me out for not fully vetting the mod prior to going live with it. In future, we'll be sure to have all these mods totally road tested, with a larger sample size that one amp. Thanks for watching!

~Mason"
    __

What an absolutely hilarious fraud. Endorsed by Anderton's! Guaranteed not a lying fake, or your money back!

You know, I have a hard time taking gear expertise from a guy (Lee) who can't spot (or doesn't bother to ask people who can spot) such a complete lack of knowledge.
    Haha what a fucking idiot.

I'm not sure he knows anything about electronics...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom