• mbembe Frets: 1840
    His blood ran cold
    His angel was a centerfold  :#
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    2010 Fender Custom Shop '59 Stratocaster Relic
    Featured in Guitar and Bass Magazine!

I am reluctantly selling my beloved relic, i fell in love with this guitar the moment i laid eyes on it and it's not difficult to see why!
    This is a beautiful guitar with no comparison and is a perfect example of why the relic guitar has become such an industry leading instrument as well as a popular choice for guitarists.
    The guitar itself was featured in the September 2010 volume 22, no 11 issue of guitar and bass magazine. Not only was the guitar featured on the front cover! but also features several other shots including a double page spread and a full page front view which really portrays the bold yet tasteful touches, adding to the guitars character.
    The guitar comes with it's Fender custom shop hard case as well as the certificate or authenticity. Items also includes Fender Custom Shop guitar lead, leather strap, tremolo bar and bridge cover.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    There you go. It’s also listed as “new” which it isn’t. It’s just a £1300-1500 guitar that was in a magazine. I don’t think that adds £3500 or so to the price.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dreamer...nothing but a dreamer..

Or should I say chancer... nothing but a chancer :)

Si
  • Its a nice looking one, and being in that mag is pretty cool, it probably adds something to the value/price - but not as much as the asking price.....although it is a best offer auction
  • Hmm looks like it's got a couple of dings and scratches too, you'd think that'd lower the price a bit.. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • New? NEW? IT’S EIGHT YEARS OLD!

Honestly, it pisses me off that ebay let people describe second-hand stuff as new.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2378
    I had the first RELIC Strat in the UK and it was the one reviewed in Guitarist at the time, sold it for £1750.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    New? NEW? IT’S EIGHT YEARS OLD!

Honestly, it pisses me off that ebay let people describe second-hand stuff as new.
    It's been so heavily relic'd that you'd never know if he *had* spent the last eight years gigging the absolute bejesus out of it.

A knackered-looking Strat with a 7.25" radius and no vintage provenance.  £5k.

How much does a player-grade early CBS guitar go for these days?  Maybe I'm out of touch.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Its a nice looking one, and being in that mag is pretty cool, it probably adds something to the value/price - but not as much as the asking price.....although it is a best offer auction
    I can’t see how it adds anything but a nice story. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^ everybody looks at things differently
  • ^^ everybody looks at things differently
    Exactly! Anything is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it , the seller just could get lucky.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    New? NEW? IT’S EIGHT YEARS OLD!

Agree. It looks like it may have been living on the wall; let's hope he's not a smoker or lives on Pot Noodle.
  • Its a nice looking one, and being in that mag is pretty cool, it probably adds something to the value/price 
    Yes, to be precise, it adds the value of an eight year old magazine. ;)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    Hmm looks like it's got a couple of dings and scratches too, you'd think that'd lower the price a bit.. 
    Ace! :grin: 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    Due to the value of the item i am looking for a collection only or if necessary delivery options can be discussed after purchase.

Due to my perceived value of the item i am looking for a collection only or if necessary delivery options can be discussed after purchase so I can make you come and get it anyway.

Fixed.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Strat54 said:
    I had the first RELIC Strat in the UK and it was the one reviewed in Guitarist at the time, sold it for £1750.
    Was it Daphne Blue with rosewood board? I remember it well, they said something like it was the best Strat they’d ever played!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/