Rasmus by Suhr

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
Seem bloody good value, have I been under a rock and missed the boat? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    They have stopped making them.
    You can pick them up pretty cheap now.

They are very good for the money if you need a no-frills rock monster.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3452
    Good value, made in China instead of the USA like the regular Suhrs. A lot of similar features and very decent quality control.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I was bidding on one this week and decided I'd not spend more than £350. Sold at £381.

Alright found another, and the guy wants £650 when a new one in SoundsGreatMusic is £699.

His reasoning is rarity now they're discontinued but I think I'll just wait on to be honest. 
    Deijavoo said:
    I was bidding on one this week and decided I'd not spend more than £350. Sold at £381.

Alright found another, and the guy wants £650 when a new one in SoundsGreatMusic is £699.

His reasoning is rarity now they're discontinued but I think I'll just wait on to be honest. 
    He's tripping.

Send him a link to the ebay sale for £381.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26703
    At £400, they're a good deal. At £700+, not so much - for my money, that puts them right in the same ballpark as one of Jaden's Series 2 guitars (£899), and there's absolutely no comparison between the two in terms of quality.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic;20405" said:
    Deijavoo said:

He's tripping.

Send him a link to the ebay sale for £381.

I did, he told me that he will send me away with a flea in my ear....

Ahem??!!
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    digitalscream;20490" said:
    At £400, they're a good deal. At £700+, not so much - for my money, that puts them right in the same ballpark as one of Jaden's Series 2 guitars (£899), and there's absolutely no comparison between the two in terms of quality.
    Yeah those Jaden series 2 are cracking guitars. Is he still making them though? I tried them out at the brum guitar show a few years ago and thought they were fantastic, now I've finally got some cash together he's not been showing any for sale on his website for a while...
    edited August 2013
    Just had a gander at Jaden's stuff. Very nice but just out of my price range I'm afraid.

I've also been offered a mates rates deal by H J Williams on a piece that was a prototype. Absolute dream to play but I just can't get the cash together.

Buying a house certainly was the worst thing to ever happen to my guitar collection....
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26703
    jimmyd said:
    Yeah those Jaden series 2 are cracking guitars. Is he still making them though? I tried them out at the brum guitar show a few years ago and thought they were fantastic, now I've finally got some cash together he's not been showing any for sale on his website for a while...
    Yup, I believe he is - he's also on here, so why not have a chat?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    Woh really?! Awesome! This place is bad for GAS....!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281159548118

I obviously asked how much to end early, cash etc... I'd pick up right now.

£700.....

Gone are the days of haggling with ebayers.

Am I stingey?   I think £500 absolute max, am I wrong?  

This guitar also has dents on the neck etc... not exactly pristine. 
    The GG Rasmus retailed at £1200 though. £700 is probably right, for the seller. £600 is a good price. £500 is a great price for you. IMHO of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited August 2013
    Deijavoo;24206" said:
    I think £500 absolute max, am I wrong?
    This guitar also has dents on the neck etc... not exactly pristine. 
    No you aren't! Sounds Great are still advertising these new at £699. I would expect if you were to turn up in store with the money, they would probably move a bit on their price.

I sold a USA Pro Series Suhr last year, with OHSC for £1199 - it was pristine, ie totally unmarked - and that was through a dealer! The guy's a fortune hunter. If he won't get real I would walk away....
    I just find 700 unrealistic.  I will be very interested to see how the auction ends.  He's had a great start, mainly my fault, but after his fees if he gets 700 he'll be down to nearly 600 and that is "if" he can get 700. 
    digitalscream;20490" said:
    Yeah this!