The Pretty Things - last ever show...

fandangofandango Frets: 2204
.....on Thursday 13th December at London 02 Indigo.

Special guests David Gilmour, Van Morrison and Bill Nighy.

Anyone got tickets (they went on sale back in May)?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    No love for The Pretty Things? Do I take it that no-one is interested or going? Or are you so embarassed to admit liking a 55 year old band?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    Last saw them at a Roundhouse Sunday gig in 75ish, they looked pretty worn out, can’t imagine what another 40 years has done to them. Cool gig though, they certainly delivered as I recall.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited November 2018
    I saw them at Erdington Village fete which was surreal. Great band that nobody I know of an age to have experienced them at the time seems to know anything about (I'm 31). 

For those that do not know, Erdington is a shitty area of the crap side of Birmingham, mostly known for gang crime, chavs and the occasional ram raiding of Coral bookmakers
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    I love SF Sorrow and Parachute, two of my favourite albums, but the spark went out pretty quick after that as far as I can see. Much as they deserve a victory lap I'm not sure I'm that bothered about witnessing it.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    JezWynd said:
    Last saw them at a Roundhouse Sunday gig in 75ish, they looked pretty worn out, can’t imagine what another 40 years has done to them. Cool gig though, they certainly delivered as I recall.
    There's only two original members left. They've been through 30+ other musicians. The founder was in a band with a certain Keith Richards and Mick Jagger but thought they were prats .... his life could have been so different. I saw them once .. that was enough.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Okay, so who went? And what was it like?
  • I saw them at Erdington Village fete which was surreal. Great band that nobody I know of an age to have experienced them at the time seems to know anything about (I'm 31). 

For those that do not know, Erdington is a shitty area of the crap side of Birmingham, mostly known for gang crime, chavs and the occasional ram raiding of Coral bookmakers
    Arf at this. I work in Kingstanding and get a similar version of all that. Villa country though ay it? @thecolourbox ;
    "A city star won’t shine too far"