Garageband + iPad storage requirements

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying a 2018 iPad next week to use for general internet browsing, note taking at work (stylus) and playing/recording using Bias Amp 2/Bias FX/Tonestack and Garageband.

I'm currently planning to get the 32Gb version as the 128Gb is a bit out of my budget. 32 will be fine for most of my usage; my laptop will still be the hub for photos, videos and music so won't be storing too many files on it, however, I'm not sure whether 32Gb will cut it when I'm recording song ideas and covers.

Do any of you have a rough idea of how much space a typical Garageband project takes up? I'm thinking say a 5min song, 4 guitar tracks, 1 midi drum track and maybe some midi key/synth tracks.

I have a decent Google drive subscription and intend on backing my projects up there, but I'd like to have a few projects stored locally so I can easily jump between them.

Also if anyone has recommenderations for amp/FX sim apps, or suggested presets for Bias, please let me know! I mainly play blues, hard rock and metal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I went for 128GB for the same reason, but my experience is that GarageBand (and indeed, all apps, even 3rd party ones) default to saving stuff on iCloud.

I haven't recorded much on Garageband on the iPad, but I'll try and remember to check what my file sizes are later.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom