Helix LT vs Firehawk (vs anything else)

What's Hot
clarke_111clarke_111 Frets: 58
Hi all,

likely a daft question-but what are the real world differences between the Helix LT and the firehawk?

I am aware the Helix has more features, is more powerful and will likely have better sounds/editing.

However I am largely a bedroom player that occupationaly plays live and wants to get something to use as an interface for basic recording as well as a tool to replace my pedal board. I don’t use masses of fx really just basic drive, reverb and delay-but would like a clean unit such as one of these that is tidy, easy to use 1 power point etc. 

Clearly there is a substantial price difference and just wanted some people’s thoughts on how big the difference is? Clearly a working pro etc would benefit hugely from the helix unit but is it really worth the £500 extra to the mortals?

thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The LT is just better in every way than the Firehawk, except price.

That said...you might be better off with the HX Stomp.
    <space for hire>
  • I thought that might be the answer-I guess I am saying is the firehawk really usable or are we now basically in a place where the Helix range is so good that everything else is ‘below par’ (in the same way I wouldn’t buy a Squier affinity strat-I’m sure its fine, but I wouldn’t get one) 

I had thought about the stomp, but I am slightly concerned by the lack of switching options - I like the footswitches! I had considered the HX effect-but can’t be used as an interface for recording I don’t think and no modelling. 
  • I don't know what the answer is for you, but...honestly, I never considered the Firehawk usable anyway. As I recall, the modelling in it isn't even from the POD HD generation - it's the same as in the POD X3.
    <space for hire>
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    If you don't want to spring for the Helix, perhaps an HD500 would suffice, works as an interface, has good sounds (not helix, but better than firehawk) and generally a pretty solid unit. Straight forward for live too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I am aware the Helix has more features, is more powerful and will likely have better sounds/editing.“

You have answerd it yourself my friend
  • I tried the Firehawk, and the GT and bought the Helix. Very easy to use, great tone and there's loads of stuff to learn on the net. You can keep it simple or start putting a more complex signal chain together. As long as you know the basics about where things ideally go in the chain, it's very quick to get some great tones. Worth the extra money IMO
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    I have a firehawk and find it very good. Love the helix etc but I only need  a Mini not a Rolls Royce so the firehawk works for me. I like the way I can just tweak the bars on the easy to use ipad software very quickly. So you can get the sound inyour head. Also Import patches etc online. OK. I only fanny around at home but for me the firehawk is a very good low cost option indeed. Also solidly built. Even using it as a stand alone without the ipad is fine