Wiring question

I want to wire a dual humbucker guitar with two mini-switches that can do coil taps for each pickup. I'd like to understand why the wiring for each pickup is different on this diagram: 

https://guitarelectronics.com/2-humbuckers-3-way-toggle-switch-1-volume-1-tone-individual-coil-taps/

As I'm trying to do the same thing for each pickup I expected the wiring for each pickup to be identified cal. What have I missed?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    They intend that the split is to the opposite coil in each pickup - because the neck-side coil of the bridge pickup is less thin-sounding than the bridge-side coil, and it also means that the middle position will be hum-cancelling because there are two opposite polarity coils on.

However, if the pickups they're showing have the usual convention that the screw coil in each pickup is at the ground end, that scheme will do the opposite and give the *bridge* side coil of each pickup. To fix that, simply swap how it's done on each pickup - neck pickup split to hot, bridge to ground.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    ....To fix that, simply swap how it's done on each pickup - neck pickup split to hot, bridge to ground.
    OK, thanks, will do.