LostAlone - brilliant modern rock band

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
These three chaps have just put a new album out. Their last one was good but this one is even better.

If I had to describe the sound, I'd say that it's sort of like a heavier, catchier Biffy Clyro. They have some brilliant riffs, and choruses the size of planets. The singer's voice is a bit odd but it works, and his guitar tone is fantastic. Check it out.

Anyone else liking this stuff?
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited April 2014
    Sounds good to me.  It's like High School Musical-type stuff. Teen rock, but with a more mature feel.

Edit: reminds me of 12 Stones - Anthem for the Underdog, different but similar genre.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    edited April 2014
    Top two videos were shot in a church that my father owns! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Hmm I'd say not as heavy as Biffy or at least a lot more polished and slick sounding in the production.

Pleasant enough, but nothing overly exciting.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited April 2014
    Maybe not as heavy in places... they do sound "bigger" though - all the multitracking etc.

Their last album had some good stuff too - that's how I became aware of them. These two are a bit heavier, I suppose.

Steven Battelle's rhythm sound could bulldoze a house, it's fucking great. SG Junior through a Dual Rec usually, I think.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Yep, when they came in i had a good look at the rigs: pretty sick stuff and they have the chops to match. Not my kind of music really but good musicians with a good passion for what they do. 

They played a bit of a gig thing for the local kids after the finished shooting and because we are still redeveloping the church the toilets are "temporary" (to say the least). One of the roadies (imagine a huge great big emo guy with long hair and eyeliner, verging on looking drag-esque) was having a shit and rainwater leaked down onto his head. He came out with makeup everywhere looking a bit like a chubby alice cooper and just said "um... has anyone got any hair straighteners...". Priceless. 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Is it me or does modern metal sound like a Rihanna melody to detuned heavy riffage?  Bass player has great hair though eh.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock