SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT Feeler: MM Stingray Fretless/Shuker Basses

HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
edited November 2018 in Basses £

A (non-Fretboard) friend of mine is thinking of parting with his MM Stingray and Shuker basses and would ideally like to trade them for something vintage-ish Fender-wise.

There is an album of pics here, FYI.

Basses are located in the Midlands.

More details to follow ASAP.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    Is it my imagination or is the finish shrinking on the 'Ray?

The sixer might suit Bridgehouse, sir.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Just received an update from the seller:

Music man I believe is a 1986 Stingray Fretless, 3EQ model. Complete with what looks like an original case, original black scratchplate and an official Ernie ball tortoiseshell one.

£1000.00 notional value.

The Shuker is a Jon Shuker (made in Derbyshire) singlecut Bolt on. I think was custom built around 2010. I picked it up in 2011. It’s a 33” scale six string bass.

Body is white ash, and the top is Amboina with matching headstock veneer. EMG pickups and 3 band preamp which I fitted. 5 piece neck with rosewood board I think. Quite light and great balance. Fairly tight string spacing and one of the lowest actions I’ve ever managed on a bass. I love it but can’t justify keeping it because it doesn’t get a look in any more. No case but I have a bag it could go in. I’d imagine it was north of £2000 brand new with around a year build time.

£1200.00 notional value.

Trade preferable, trade plus cash an option if I sell one of them.

I’m interested in -

*70’s Fender Fretless (P or J) - ideally, no dodgy de-frets! ;)

*Early 70-75 Jazz fretted (obv with some cash)

*Custom shop Jazz (60’s)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

seller ... interested in -

*70s Fender Fretless (P or J) - ideally, no dodgy de-frets! ;)
    Owned my 1978/79 factory fretless Precision for nye on thirty years. I am almost as attached to it as I am to my vital organs. In fact, I would rather sell a kidney. (I'm saving that to finance some new knees.)

*Custom shop Jazz (60’s)
    I have a 2012 AVRI '62 Jazz Bass that I occasionally think about parting with. Completely stock. Still got the clear film on the pickguard. The only change I have inflicted on this instrument was to remove the finger rest and pack it away in the case.

It’s a 33” scale six string bass.
    Please confirm that this figure is not a typographical error. (I would expect any six string bass guitar scale length to be at least 34" and, preferably, longer to provide adequate tension in the lowest string.)

• It’s a 33” scale six string bass.
    Please confirm that this figure is not a typographical error. (I would expect any six string bass guitar scale length to be at least 34" and, preferably, longer to provide adequate tension in the lowest string.)
    I’ve asked the question...

• @Funkfingers ...and the answer is 33”.

• what’s the string spacing on the shuker? 
  • what’s the string spacing on the shuker? 
    From the seller:

“17mm according to the original owner.”

• More info (original specs):

BODY
    white ash body
    squareish front edge (to mimic old slab style bodies) forearm contour, rear rib carve and rear edge rounded to 1/2"
    dark amboina burr drop top
    individual bridge units
    17mm spacing
    black hardware
    2 X EMG 45DC - neck and bridge
    18V shuker 3 band eq (internal gain and mid freq control)
    satin topcoat

NECK
    33" scale
    24 frets
    medium frets
    5 piece maple/wenge neck
    20.5mm deep at 1st fret, 22mm at 12th, gentle C profile, pretty slim
    rosewood board
    20" radius
    dark amboina burr headstock veneer
    gotoh gb707 tuners
    57mm nut
    carbon fibre neck reinforcement
    MOP side dots only
    two way truss rod
    brass nut
    satin finish

Now also has an EMG preamp.

@Funkfingers ...and the answer is 33”.
    In that case, my follow up question has to be, for what tuning is the Shuker designed? EADGCF? DGCFBbE? C#F#BEAD?
  • @Funkfingers ...and the answer is 33”.
    In that case, my follow up question has to be, for what tuning is the Shuker designed? EADGCF? DGCFBbE? C#F#BEAD?

From the seller:

"I’ve always played it BEADGC"