Problem with amp (Diezel VH4)

PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
Channel 3 sounds so awesome I think it may have ruined all other amps for me.

:P
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I'm not a fan of the way diezel amps look at all. But at the guitar show in Birmingham a couple of years ago. The sound coming from their stand made me wonder over like the pied piper was there. Awesome sounds!
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    I felt exactly the same way about channel 2 on my old Herbie. God I miss that amp. Would like to try a VH4 someday; utter monster of a thing!

• Tell me about it! I just don't know how to solve this problem!?!

Bye!

Given that you own both, how do the Hagen and VH4 compare?

Okay, I have to confess then.... the Hagen isn't mine. It's my bandmates! :)

But, I've got extensive experience with it, and I love it as an amp.

The Hagen has more low-end, in a kind of really in your face kind of way. And the focus in the mids is at a different fundamental frequency. The highs are a little more abrasive than the VH4.

The VH4 has less gain. Not massively so, but it's noticeable. The clean channel is a little more 'Fendery' sounding, in that kind of spikey way that Fenders can sound. The Hagen sounds more compressed in terms of cleans.

Channel 2 on the Hagen gets way more distorted than channel 2 on the VH4. Channel 3 on the Hagen and VH4 are in similar gain territories, but channel 3 on the Hagen can go further. Channel 4 on both of them are similar ranges again.

The Hagen is more 'modern' sounding and the VH4 is more 'vintage' sounding... or rather, the Hagen is more 'metal' and the VH4 is more 'hard rock'

Bye!

• The D-Moll btw, is different again ... but by no means is it an inferior amp just because it has less channels.

The D-Moll needs tightening at the front-end more than the VH4 and Hagen do I'd say. It's not something I mind - I whack an EQ in front of it and boost the highs.

Bye!

Okay, I have to confess then.... the Hagen isn't mine. It's my bandmates! :)

But, I've got extensive experience with it, and I love it as an amp.

The Hagen has more low-end, in a kind of really in your face kind of way. And the focus in the mids is at a different fundamental frequency. The highs are a little more abrasive than the VH4.

The VH4 has less gain. Not massively so, but it's noticeable. The clean channel is a little more 'Fendery' sounding, in that kind of spikey way that Fenders can sound. The Hagen sounds more compressed in terms of cleans.

Channel 2 on the Hagen gets way more distorted than channel 2 on the VH4. Channel 3 on the Hagen and VH4 are in similar gain territories, but channel 3 on the Hagen can go further. Channel 4 on both of them are similar ranges again.

The Hagen is more 'modern' sounding and the VH4 is more 'vintage' sounding... or rather, the Hagen is more 'metal' and the VH4 is more 'hard rock'

Thanks a lot for the run down. I'd like to get a Diezel at some point, but it's hard to find much discussion of the Hagen.
  • @PolarityMan - How are you using your effects loops on the VH4? Do you use the channel inserts at all?

Bye!

• Not at all..everything out front
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ