SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Nikon Coolpix A900 digicam

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
edited December 2018 in Misc £
Literally two months old. Bought to use in Japan for my holiday, as I decided not to take my big old DSLR at the last minute. Obviously it's totally mint, and has taken under 1000 images. The spec is here: https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/product/digital-cameras/coolpix/super-zoom-share/coolpix-a900-black

Most significant bits:
  • 20 megapixels
  • 35x OPTICAL zoom (24-840mm equiv)
  • f3.4-6.9
  • image stablisation
  • flippable LCD screen
  • 4K video recording
  • pocketable size and light weight
The optical zoom is the camera's party trick and it is remarkable. At maximum zoom, it's equivalent to 840mm on a 35mm camera, but with the image stablisation you can hand-hold it and get no-shake results. I'll post a couple of example pix later.

Comes with the printed manual and an extra spiral-bound print out of the bigger reference manual. If I hadn't bought a forumite's RX100ii, I'd keep this.

(Ironically, I don't have photos of the camera! But I'll take and post pix later)

Price: £200 now just £180 shipped to mainland UK

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Photos of the camera (any small flecks are just dust, not marks or scratches):

Forgot to mention that it has wifi and bluetooth for image transfer and remote shutter release. But check the Nikon Website for OS compatibility - my old iPad was not supported.
    And a few (amateur!) snaps from the holiday to show the image quality and zoom range:

First one is hand-held at 600mm focal range (equiv to 35mm full-frame):

One at 42mm equivalent:

Another at 24mm (widest angle):

And finally one just for fun - a comparative side-by-side to show the lens' zoom range:
    (Both taken from the same position, image stablisation switched on, and pink Batman is in the bottom right corner of door frame in the left image)

Note: these are unprocessed, but just downsampled for forum screen resolution. I used an old version of Paint Shop Pro. No sharpening/colour correction/etc.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Reduced to £200 inc mainland UK shipping.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    That zoom is awesome.
    Reduced again - £180!