Weird thing happening at home .....

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Oldest daughter (17) is tidying up the house downstairs! Yes, this really is weird. Usually the 4 offspring dump stuff everywhere, leave everything out, discard rubbish anyplace etc. 

I'd forgotten, but I always say that no Xmas decorating will take place unless the house is tidy. This is doubly good as I can either sit on my ass doing nothing about xmas, or I get a free tidy up.

I've always hated the chore of putting decorations up, I'm such a curmudgeonly old bugger, but it is rather wonderful having daughters as the pair of them now insist on doing it so all I have to do is fish stuff out of the loft. Happy days.

Oh well, I've been blanking the christmas thing all November (of course!) I guess it's coming to town today.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Embrace the tinsel! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    I went into the oldest (also 17) daughter’s bedroom yesterday, because I had to get into the loft and the hatch is in there. To my complete astonishment I could see the carpet! I asked if she was OK, since everything was tidy and put neatly away...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    ICBM said:
    I went into the oldest (also 17) daughter’s bedroom yesterday, because I had to get into the loft and the hatch is in there. To my complete astonishment I could see the carpet! I asked if she was OK, since everything was tidy and put neatly away...
    Yes, my daughters share an admittedly very small room, and no carpet can be seen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    My father in law used to keep his Christmas decorations up all year round when he was a young man.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    axisus said:
     I'm such a curmudgeonly old bugger

I don't believe it.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My eldest (19) has done that a few times lately - the tidying up. It's because he's invited friends over. It gets a bit more of a clean when his female friends are visiting.

It's bloody annoying because we moan about the state of the place and he says it isn't bad and we need to chill. Then he invites people over to get drunk, eat takeaway junk, smoke in our garden then trudge mud through the house and he decides that's when the upstairs toilet needs the pebble dash removed!

Unlikely that he'll put the Xmas decorations up, though our youngest (16) will probably go up the ladder for the outdoor lights.
  •  though our youngest (16) will probably go up the ladder for the outdoor lights.
    You might prevent him by telling him that he pays for the lekky bill
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Imminent incoming request to invite new boyfriend/girlfriend over.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    I had to send my two off to the inlaws today so I could tidy up for the tree erection tomorrow, it was lovely, had a good tidy up and even a nap on the couch, good times.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.