Gutar Software Synth Jam Origin

sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

Have a little download of that, experiment and see what you think . I have already done so and had a pretty thorough go, be intrigued as to what others make of it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I've been having a play with the demo this morning - I don't have any GK pickup hardware to compare it to but it seems to work well so far. It seems to trigger better from my strat than SG (although I haven't tried the "dark guitar" setting) however as the strat is my main squeeze this isn't a problem! I think it will be good for string and brass samples which always sound a bit sterile when played from a keyboard, but I will continue to use a keyboard for things like synth bass which require a more solid feel...

What do you think yourself Sweepy?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I have the Gr20 GK system and use it to trigger soft synths, so it was interesting to do a back to back comparison . On the whole it's not too bad, for single line stuff it was very sketchy and inconsistent,  but for chordal pads and heavily plucked  chords it seemed pretty usable. Interestingly it didn't make much difference whether i used 18V EMG's on a Strat or my Ibanez  or my old Tele as regards tracking and pitch recognition.
    Definitely a step in the right direction but early days I think .
  • rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    I used to have a Roland GK system.

I bought Jam Origin last week.

Holy sh*t is it awesome!

Seriously.

If you have any interest in Guitar->Midi conversion you should definitely check it out.

I am blown away by how good the tracking is.

No special hardware required (just a good audio interface).
  • um how do you use it? what type of connector do you need to connect guitar to laptop am wondering? it does sound like something i would like to use/mess about with :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    any audio interface will do, I still stand by my findings that it, at the moment pretty poor at single note stuff, but passable on plucked or strummed chords