Vox V212C wiring advice help

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2355

I've taken delivery of said cab, to use with an AC30CH and it is fitted as stock with 2 x 8ohm Greenbacks making the cab 16ohm.

From the research I've done so far, this means the speakers are wired in series yes?  I have 2 x 16ohm Creambacks I'd like to try in the cab but if I fit them with the wiring exactly as it is now would that make the cab 32ohm?  I need it to be 8ohm so it will work with the head, so how best to do the wiring in that case?

Here's as it is now, apologies for the cobwebs, they were an optional extra when I bought the cab and I've yet to remove them...

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/stefbillington/IMG_0796_zpsxemw1dja.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    You cannot get an 8 Ohm resultant from two 8s but the picture of the AC30H I have found shows an 8/16 Ohm selector so no problem.

Dave.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    ecc83 said:
    You cannot get an 8 Ohm resultant from two 8s but the picture of the AC30H I have found shows an 8/16 Ohm selector so no problem.

Dave.

Thanks Dave.  The Creambacks I want to put in the cab are 16ohm each though, so how can I achieve 8ohm from those?
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    You just have to wire your 16 Ohm speakers in parallel (ignore the impedances listed in the image), like this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Thanks @subsemol - looks like I'll need an extra piece of small wire and a couple of spades to achieve this given there's currently only one cable - and + feed from the amp.
  • HushHush Frets: 21
    The is another option Stef buy my AC30 combo it's got blues in it LOL