Celestion G12 Rockdriver Pro

photekphotek Frets: 1463
edited December 2018 in Amps
Picked up a cab with some of these in recently and they are rather nice, looking online they seem to have come with Hughes & Kettner amps at some point but these have no H&K markings on them.

They sound like more middy T75’s.

Anyone know what model they are based on?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    photek said:
    Picked up a cab with some of these in recently and they are rather nice, looking online they seem to have come with Hughes & Kettner amps at some point but these have no H&K markings on them.

They sound like more middy T75’s.

Anyone know what model they are based on?
    That sounds likely. They have an M-size magnet, and a rating of 80W - my guess would be a G12T-75 with more cone doping (which tends to increase the mids and raise the power handling slightly) or possibly a variation of the G12M-70, which is what Marshall's 'Heritage' appears to be based on and is also quite middy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Thanks @ICBM sounds logical. Pleasantly surprised, I figured they would be junk but they are perfectly usable.