SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Aria Les Paul – LS450/LS500 – MIJ

beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
edited March 2019 in Guitars £

Aria LS450/500
Japanese 
"T-Top" pickups (not Gibson)
Die cast tuners
Set neck

For sale is my Made in Japan Aria LP style guitar. I didn't intend to sell this but due to financial reasons, I'm having to let it go.

I'm not entirely certain of the model, but from my reckoning it's either a LS450 or LS500 from the late 70s – the specs are quite similar. It has Japanese "T-Top" pickups (the covers were apparently supplied by Gibson), excellent die cast tuners, mahogany body and maple cap, and what I believe is an ebonised rosewood board.

In terms of condition, it does have a number of dings, chips and dents around the rear edge of the body, binding, and neck. Strangely these are difficult to pick up on my iPhone camera but they are there. A previous owner has coloured these in with black marker. I've tried to carefully scrub these out to no avail.

There's a fairly deep scratch measuring around 2 inches by the rear volume knob; the bridge and tailpiece are intact but show signs of corrosion and pitting; and one of the volume and tone knobs are the wrong way round. Overall, it's by no means perfect and is in a state of what one might describe as "mojo". The binding has aged a wonderful golden yellow.

**Minor issues**

It does choke on the 12th fret, especially when bending. This could possibly be remedied with a truss rod adjustment or fret dress. 
Also, the winding posts on the D and B string slip out of their enclosure when changing the strings. When strung up, they seem pretty secure.

Despite its flaws, it's an excellent instrument for a 40 year old guitar and can cover anything you throw at it from, jazz to metal. The neck plays great and I wouldn't change a thing apart from maybe the pots and caps. It really is good as is. With a bit of TLC it'd be a great workhorse of a guitar.

Based in York, the price is a mere £325 inc postage. Pound for pound you won't find a better LP guitar for the money.

**Potential deal**

I also have a MJW Roadstar 18 combo for sale at £300. If you purchase both I will provide discount you £50. In this instance, it would be minus the postage, therefore £550 for a MIJ guitar and top UK built amp. I even do the maths and spelling out for you. That's how generous I am.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments