Winter plumage!

What's Hot
Does anyone else have "winter plumage"?

It started off a few years ago as "Movember" - but being a lazy ass and working from home means that it kinda morphed into "Hobo February" and now it happens every year.

Jnr has made the rules (ah to be ruled over by an 11yr old...) - he states that with the first hard frost I have to stop shaving, and then can only shave again when it is hot enough for me to go away overnight on the motorbikes. Last year, whilst I got the bikes out as early as Februrary - it snowed on and off until April - so the beard got an extra few weeks

I start out looking like this

and end up here...

Like a hobo!

Maybe I should be playing some old Whitesnake songs with the original lyrics!

:D :D 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    edited December 2018
    I always have a beard but here we don't have a winter so I keep it pretty short.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @manicguitarist ; Love the way the dogs accessorize the beard ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Need to keep that beard for the biking season ..........proper MC look
  • Dominic said:
    Lol. I did a 300 mile ride to the “shaving off destination “....aside from getting it zipped into my leathers...it stuck out the bottom of my lid...so was full of dead flies! Ick! 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    The thing about beard as one ages is the degree of grey and white. You seem to have a fairly even and symmetrical allocation.

I tend to keep my beard very short. If I don't it can look as though I've been in a paintball competition.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Dominic said:
    Lol. I did a 300 mile ride to the “shaving off destination “....aside from getting it zipped into my leathers...it stuck out the bottom of my lid...so was full of dead flies! Ick! 
    Riding the wrong kind of bike then,
    with a beard like that it needs to be open-face and appropriate Vtwin
    Dead flies are essential part of the look (and smell).....the aroma of a good motor oil,Patchoulli Oil and weed easily overcome the decomposition smell of various collected insects
  • My motorbike thread is currently awaiting approval by admins.... but here's the bikes.... 

and 

• I usually have a stubbly beard that I grow longer in winter- 20 miles on the (push)bike daily means I need a bit of warmth in winter. 

As it's getting frosty I've grown it a bit now & my kids have been treasing me about the "frost" in my beard .
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    I've got my extra winter blubber on at the moment unfortunately
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!