Hothouse Flowers blast from the past!

What's Hot
I'll probably get a serious lolling for this? but I went to see these many moons ago at the Wolves Civic and they were incredible! not a fashionable band in current times but I think this is truly excellent

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I enjoyed that. Saw them a few times almost 30 years ago - great live band.
    Saw them a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit, erm, rambling, to use a polite phrase! 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    I can out-lol you there :)... I saw them in 1991 supporting none other than Runrig at Balloch Park, Loch Lomond.

To this day one of the two best gigs I've ever been to - whatever you think of the bands and the music, the atmosphere was simply astounding.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha Ha Runrig! but yes agree Hothouse Flowers always put on a good show, I seem to remember Liam was naked at the piano for most of the set the atmosphere was electric throughout.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7914
    I saw them way back when. Not my favourite genre of music, but they were fantastic live!.  Subsequently, have developed a soft spot for them.  

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    I'm sorry...
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    There is a mahoosive QI-type alarm waiting for anyone about to try shoehorning the phrase 'Don't Go' into any subsequent comments....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They were great, also saw Liam perform as part of ALT (with Tim from Split Endz/Crowded House and Andy White), that was probably one of my all time favorite gigs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom