New Guitar Finish Day? Custom Paint Job Content...

Hi all,

I got this back a week or so ago after putting it in with a local Luther/Guitar builder (Kouga Guitars) desperately wanting a custom paint job on my Shaun Morgan Signature Schecter. 

I love the guitar, the Moserite shape and the simplicity of one volume, one hum bucker, one kill switch but HATED the colour. It took me so long to actually get hold of one of these that I just snapped it up straight away.

Anyway SM himself has had his signature changed to be black with black go faster stripes and the loss of the scratch plate which is cool (I had one on order but after 9 months of it constantly being pushed back I gave up).

He however has customised paint jobs on his models that mirror custom muscle car paint jobs (I've pictured one below). So inspired by these I had my own done in metallic purple with white go faster stripes. 

The guys at Kouga did an awesome job and I can't wait to get it on stage! (Although I'm thinking of switching the Duncan Designed our for a Suhr Alrdich). 

I suspect it's quite marmite! But it's not a guitar that is going anywhere...

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Looks amazing !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28181
    Nice. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Looks great!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I’m in two minds on this one.  I love the guitar (had a white one) and I’d absolutely want a sunburst one in a heartbeat but...... that does look good!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    I hate the majority of sunbursts, so don’t blame you at all for changing it. Nice new paint job too, it looks great.  ;)
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    Wow, love the look of that - not a model I was familiar with, but I love the shape and the new colour. Double cut, single pickup and purple finish - that's almost guaranteed to get a thumbs up from me!

I do actually like the original scratch plate shape, it's so uncommon to get a shape that really enhances the look of the guitar - but it also looks cool with those stripes.