SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    That's lovely. Aria are probably the most underrated of the Japanese manufacturers and often overlooked for some reason. I have a 70s LP type of theirs and it's great. They're worth every penny. GLWTS  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Yes, very nice - I had the same model, although from 1983 and strangely labelled ES 650, which I could never quite get to the bottom of. I sold it to Foulds of Derby in the end, but a very nice guitar - excellent build quality. GLWTS. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Can you update to include the asking price and your location please?

Also, perhaps you can state whether you'd be interested in trades (and if so, what you'd be interested in)?

Thanks, and good luck with the sale.
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Sorry, I just realised that it does have price under one of the photos (£700).

I'd be interested to know about location and trades though?
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    No trade please.
    I am in France and go to Canterbury ans Ashford , maybe London, from 26 to 30 décember.
    740 shipped to uk.
    650 pounds
    Bump
    Sold
  • DB1 said:
    Yes, very nice - I had the same model, although from 1983 and strangely labelled ES 650, which I could never quite get to the bottom of. I sold it to Foulds of Derby in the end, but a very nice guitar - excellent build quality. GLWTS. 
    I had an ES650 which was a 335 shape with Varitone. Loved that guitar but part ex it in for my first tele in late 81 early 82. Would love to see that guitar again. 
  • challenchallen Frets: 51
    Agh missed this one! Gutted! Lovely looking guitar.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72337
    Very nice - and like the ES800 335 copy, genuinely 'lawsuit' models with the open-book headstock, almost every other Japanese guitar of this era that gets labelled as that. Well done for not using the word :).

I had a very similar Ibanez-branded one many years ago, but 175s just don't really suit me.

I've always liked Arias ever since my first electric guitar - now replaced with an identical one - an '84 RS Standard. I prefer the more original 1980s designs and the SB basses, but I can never resist at least looking at anything with the Aria name on.

It's such a shame they completely devalued the brand for most people by going so downmarket in the 1990s.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited April 2020
    I have 2 ES 800, sold the red one and keep the VS.
    Aria pro 2 ES 800 https://imgur.com/gallery/NoDd5zY
    All from Matsumoku, and very good guitars. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72337
    skikdi53 said:
    I have 2 ES 800, sold the red one and keep the VS.
    Aria pro 2 ES 800 https://imgur.com/gallery/NoDd5zY
    All from Matsumoku, and very good guitars. 
    Very nice indeed. I can certainly understand why Gibson threatened to sue them... it's probably better than most of what Gibson were making at the time. In fact, if you don't see the logo it's hard to tell it's not an early-60s 335 unless you look very closely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Have a short video with the ES 800.

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 453
    More like a shorts video?