A great deal on Bulb Energy

What's Hot
I've been with Bulb Energy for a year and to mark the occasion they are offering £100 credit to anyone who uses my referral link to switch to them. I'll get credit too ;)
The winter bills are coming so time to get cheaper, greener energy and £100 credit, but be quick as it runs out tonight. Here's my link:

https://bulb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4834935b227d653db6d9f1a11&id=2b618e9f1a&e=56732e2f2c

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    I must be feeling unusually generous as I have just switched using that link doing no research whatsoever.

14 days to decide. What are the cancellation terms like further down the line?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3155
    tFB Trader
    Amazing, ours just came up for renewal yesterday. Thanks Stu!
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• We switched to Bulb during the summer and got £100 added to our credit through a couple of referrals. I can't fault them so far. The communication has been excellent.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Veganic said:
    I must be feeling unusually generous as I have just switched using that link doing no research whatsoever.

There are no exit fees with Bulb
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I’m with them. You don’t need to wait for your renewal date as they will,pay your exit fees for your current supplier.

The costs have gone up a bit this year, but with the referral kick backs and their already competitive prices, they are the best energy supplier I have had so far.

And all of their electricity is from renewables.

Rob
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Veganic said:

All of the previous comments. Their prices have went up in the last year but so have other suppliers and I've been quids in all year. £69 per month instead of £90 odd.
    No exit fees so you can cancel whenever you want, £100 credit, and renewable energy so what's not to like?

Anyone can use my link but tonight is the deadline. Start the year saving money!
    Just thought: save money on gas and get more money for GAS!
  • manimani Frets: 10
    Needed a renewal, cheers for the link @DiscoStu.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    bum. my current plan with eon doesn't expire til the 25th of Jan. Otherwise, I'd be all over this! 
    joneve said:
    bum. my current plan with eon doesn't expire til the 25th of Jan. Otherwise, I'd be all over this! 
    @joneve fear not, dear boy!
    My link still gives £50 credit both ways, and the same terms for anyone who switches.
    Bulb will pay any exit fees you may have for finishing early plus no minimum contract time so you can leave whenever you want if it isn't for you.
    Win/win.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    edited December 2018
    I registered for them earlier this year, then realised the same day that pure planet were a bit cheaper, so changed my orde to them instead

Not sure what is the best deal at the minute
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    DiscoStu said:
    joneve said:
    My link still gives £50 credit both ways, and the same terms for anyone who switches.
    Bulb will pay any exit fees you may have for finishing early plus no minimum contract time so you can leave whenever you want if it isn't for you.
    Win/win.
    They are getting slated on Facebook for giving low quotes then raising the direct debit monthly costs above what people were paying with their old supplier. Suspect this is because people weren’t getting quotes based on actual usage, but how have you found their monthly charging vs predicted costs?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    I registered for them earlier this year, then realised the same day that pure planet were a bit cheaper, so changed my orde to them instead

Not sure what is the best deal at the minute
    Have you tried uSwitch?

I’ve been using it for the past couple of years and fixing for 12 months.

The bulb deal is variable - I don’t know how often they increase prices, that’s something to keep in mind.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4915
    DiscoStu said:
    joneve said:
    Win/win.
    How can this work?  £50 for you, £50 for me, pay my exit fee AND charge me less per month?

I don't think they'll be around for long...

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    We switched my mum-in-law to Bulb about 8-10 months ago after going on a comparison site.

They've increased prices about 3 times since then.

Out of interest, I checked out the switching link above for ourselves, leccy only. The quote was more than were currently paying with SSE!
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
    edited July 2020
    I used the link to switch today - looks like you still get £50 @DiscoStu ;
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I used the link to switch today - looks like you still get £50 @DiscoStu ;
    Well I wasn't expecting that! Nice one.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    Just gone into administration ! Not sure what that means for my cheap deal!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It'll be interesting to see what happens. The Special Administration process will be used by Ofgem for the first time. In part it means that the size of Bulb's customer base is too big for another Supplier to take on, so something else has to be set in motion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18746
    ^  Apparently it will effectively be taxpayer subsidised/ nationalised to stop it failing, at least in the short term.
    Supply will continue though.