Digitech bass synth wah

What's Hot
Is this the best pedal ever conceived? It's got to be up there...

I used one before work this morning and made a sound akin to an ancient god-Queen forcing a mountain into a keyhole.

That was with a guitar and a vox ac15. Amazing. 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I've got the non Bass version - the regular Synth Wah - and it's a lot of fun. I tend to combine it with tons of delays and reverbs for epic spaceships fighting airborne unicrons. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetele said:
    I've got the non Bass version - the regular Synth Wah - and it's a lot of fun. I tend to combine it with tons of delays and reverbs for epic spaceships fighting airborne unicrons. 

You just don't get descriptors like that from overdrive pedals. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    joetele said:

You just don't get descriptors like that from overdrive pedals. 
    I feel like the Dirty Robot was their effort to improve the pedal a bit but there's not much wrong with the Synth Wah. At the last two practices I was getting lovely auto-wah melodies, dirty synth basslines, robo vocals like Soundwave from Transformers, and some really horrible but wonderful walls of sound. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    It’s brilliant.
    i have 3. 
  • It’s awesome.

Price inflation is being caused by @fretmeister though because he keeps buying them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s brilliant.
    i have 3. 
    How do they sound in a row? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’ve not tried that.

ive used them in parallel, but not series. 
    The only thing I find tricky with the Synth Wah is getting the sweep to mellow a bit - can't remember which knob can assist with that as they're all named fairly strangely to my simple mind. Just so I can get some nice synth lines without too much of a filter sweep going on. 
    The bass version is far more controllable even on guitar. 
    The bass version is far more controllable even on guitar. 
    Dang. Maybe I need both. 
  • It’s awesome.

Price inflation is being caused by @fretmeister though because he keeps buying them.

Nah, these are definitely in the cheap and cheerful category of effects I thought.. Mine was 30quid new I think. 
    It’s awesome.

Nah, these are definitely in the cheap and cheerful category of effects I thought.. Mine was 30quid new I think. 
    Not anymore!

They go from £50 to £100 depending on condition and whether the box is there etc.
  • It’s awesome.

Not anymore!

They go from £50 to £100 depending on condition and whether the box is there etc.

:open_mouth:

Seriously?! Holy crap, I wish I'd bought more! I have the box and it's minty... Sadly I don't think it's on my list of pedals to sell...
    It’s awesome.

Not anymore!

Yeah, that's my experience too. The Digidelay seems to be creeping up too (maybe because it's awesome)
    I might buy a couple more in the new year.

Just in case.
    I'm thinking I should buy another, and a few more delay pedals, just in case I need them. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Sholdnt have sold mine:(
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I probably should get one, although I don't currently play in the kind of band which really justifies it. I had the normal one, which I used on bass - I blew the PA at a venue with it... and I did warn the sound engineer in advance. He said "oh, it will be fine, there are limiters on this", but one of the subs was mysteriously no longer working after our set :). The low-end it produced at the bottom frequency of the resonant filter was absolutely brutal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmm. I'm still on the fence about a helix as it is miss I g a synth sound I use from my boss gt 10 but I feel this pedal may recreate it nicely.....anyone tempted to part with theirs?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Hmm. I'm still on the fence about a helix as it is miss I g a synth sound I use from my boss gt 10 but I feel this pedal may recreate it nicely.....anyone tempted to part with theirs?

A hundred quid would tempt me! Although it might be a future collectible, so maybe not.

I also sort of love it a lot, despite it not being used loads. I want to try it through the computer and see how modellers handle it, I use pod farm so it's hit and miss...