Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Instant Coffee

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
in Off Topic tFB Trader
What instant Coffee is non horrible?

I usually drink proper espresso but occasionally I have a cup of what we call "shit coffee" in my house.

I really don't like the Milicano instant with grounds style stuff. I normally have Dowe Egberts but I'm wondering if anything else is a bit better?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• None.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Never heard of it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Any. I like weak milky instant coffee. Actually like is to big a word, I drink it when I am trying not to stuff my face with yet more food.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1344
    It's all pretty poor.
    a nespresso machine is cheap and convenient. And tastes very satisfactory in relation to the effort invested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Nescafe Alta Rica is probably the least objectionable Freeze Dried instant coffee
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    GuyR said:
    It's all pretty poor.
    a nespresso machine is cheap and convenient. And tastes very satisfactory in relation to the effort invested.

Yeah totally agree. It's just for the odd time when that's not an option.
  • I find it hard to enjoy now although I’m not especially  fussy about the coffee I do drink. We’ve got Dowe Egberts in the house and MrsTheWeary drinks some weird cinder tofffee coffee stuff. If I was going to buy any probably something like Kenco Milicano. 
    I had some Starbucks instant a while ago, as I remember it gave more of a caffeine kick than most instant. It’s one of the ones with micro grinds (?) in it so it’s a bit like ground coffee dust. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    I like Nescafé Gold Barista style... usually about £8 but is often on offer at £5.  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    sweepy said:
    Nescafe Alta Rica is probably the least objectionable Freeze Dried instant coffee
    Wis for this.

However, be aware that they have recently re-branded it, by making it part of their new "Origins" range, with a fancy gold lid on the jar, and bumping the price up to £4.49 for a 100 gram jar. 

That back-fired and nobody bought it at that price, so now it's on offer in Tesco at £3 per jar.   :3

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I work for one of the largest Coffee manufacturers and have tried nearly every combination going. hence the Alta Rica as it is a very dark roast quality bean at the start of the process

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    edited December 2018
    Alta Rica here too. Very drinkable for an instant coffee.
  • Tea is always better 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I switched to decaff last January and i feel great.  No post lunch slump.  Recommend it. 
  • I survive on Azera. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    The Nescafé Azera americano is the best I’ve  come across. If you shop around you can get it for £3 a tin rather than the £6 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Back before I gave up caffeine I used to drink Nescafe Cap Colombie.

Having been through what seems to have been almost every decaffeinated instant coffee on the market and found them to be universally repulsive I came across Percol's ble decaffeinted and whilst it can vary from jar to jar it at least doesn't taste like someone drank it half an hour ago.
  • Hi Nick Hope you're OK. I quite like that Kenco stuff but since you don't I won't recommend it. I also think Douwe Egberts is all right if you can get that Dark Roast one. Carte Noir isn't bad but if you try to make it too strong just to get more flavour you'll end up with the mother of all splitting headaches. Apart from that it's worth a try ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    I've drunk Nescafe Gold Blend since I was 12, which makes 42 years of continuous consumption.  My family are ashamed of me because we spend loads of money on coffee beans that we grind for our filtered coffee, but I really prefer Gold Blend.  I'm quite fond of Blend 37 too, but only because I like the label, it's somehow evocative of something, I'm not sure what.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Cat wee has flavour. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
     I normally have Douwe Egberts but I'm wondering if anything else is a bit better?
    Normally have the DE Indulgence, but Mrs J has bought "Pure Gold" refills in bulk - not too bad but less bite.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback