New Year, new sounds.

Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
edited December 2018 in FX

After a brief discussion with my five year old daughter, who didn't really know what I was on about, I deleted all the raw sound files that I accumulated in making the 106 (!) pieces uploaded to YouTube in 2018 (22Gb).

Some of them were made with pedals I don't have anymore, so whilst I'm sure there won't be a massive difference in what turns up on YouTube next year, everything will be made from new recordings.

I was half tempted to draw a line under Sonic Koalas and start afresh with a new name, but that felt like taking things far too seriously, and let's be honest, starting afresh would mean having to find another 11 subscribers, which would have been an impossible task!

So once Christmas is in the past it'll back to the fun of making weird noises followed by more playing around in Audacity, I might even use a new texture effect for the pictures if it doesn't feel like too much hard work
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Have fun with that!
    It sounds like the deletion was deliberate rather than accidental. 
    It's a strange feeling doing that.  I did it with the original files of some songs I wrote around 2004-2006 and now they only exist as 128kbps mp3s on a song website.  When it dies, they die too.  It felt cleansing at the time but I kind of regret it a bit.  
    I love the name "Sonic Koalas" btw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

I asked my daughter if I should delete them or not, and she said delete them. I was pretty sure I wanted to anyway, but it was fun to have her tell me to.

I've got all the videos that I uploaded and the MP3s I made them from saved on a DVD, the files I deleted were the raw material I chopped up and messed about with to create the MP3s. I wanted to clear the decks and start again because it amused me to, and that is pretty much the only reason I'm doing any of it :)

So come the New Year (and once I've bought a new cheap power supply to replace one that died a couple of days ago) I'll start recording some new raw files and then start making new nonsense to upload.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Huzzah! More wonderful noise for my delectation. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs