How much is my amp worth?

What's Hot
FosterFoster Frets: 1100
Considering selling my valve amp as I rarely use it - but i've no idea of the value! It's Hayden Essex Blonde 15, there's a serial number on the back that means naff all to me :P
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BebopperBebopper Frets: 129
    edited December 2018
    Looks like one sold on the BassChat forum earlier this year at £250.
  • Do a search on eBay and click on the "advanced" tab.  Check out what recent sales have achieved.  As good an indicator as any.
  • Another option to check is the Reverb Price Guide
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Hayden/Ashdown never fetch decent money. Shame as they are good amps and often built by Dave at Matamp. I struggled to sell a hand wired AC30 based combo that was owned by Embrace. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    Parker said:

I struggled to sell a hand wired AC30 based combo that was owned by Embrace. 
    You probably shouldn't have mentioned that in the ad...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Given it's not worth much and going to be a bugger to sell I might as well hang on to it. The cat has helped to modify it by ripping the badge of the front too!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    I'm not familiar with the model, but as said Hayden for some reason don't command decent second hand values.

Some of the reviews weren't that flattering about build quality when Hayden first appeared but I've had a couple of Petite 2s and a Petite 5 and they are really well made (the Petite 2s were all point to point wired, the Petite 5 on turret board) and sound excellent considering what they cost me.