SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Casio CZ-101 and Yamaha DX-100 synth

wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
edited February 2019 in Studio & Rec £
Not really sure why I want one other than to satisfy a craving from 30 years ago as a penniless kid. If you've got one taking up space that's getting no use and willing to let it go cheaply I'd love to have either/both to tinker with for a while. There's some on ebay at present in mixed conditions but over my playful budget, moreso now that I want a DX100 as well 

So originally looking for a CZ101, now looking for a DX100 as well. Something about 80s mini-synths, I could have one for each hand and still not know how to play.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    I haven't got one for sale, but I used to have one in around 1985. Great little thing!
  • 4string4string Frets: 33
    tFB Trader
    Might be able to help you out. Need to go down into the cellar. Give me 24 hours. 
    Chief Bottle Washer @ Oil City Pickups.
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    No rush, appreciate it whenever you get a mo :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    4string said:
    Might be able to help you out.
    If that does not work out, my brother has one that he has not used since he got an iPad and Garageband for iOS.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Mine used to be connected to my Amiga, wonderful times. You can get a vst or sound font of this great toy, sorry synth.
    “Ken sent me.”
    Some of the plug-ins go way beyond the capabilities of the original CZ hardware instruments.

My most used CZ-101 preset was the synth bass sound - Bank 1, Sound 1. Those naughty E-Mu people included a sample of it in the Proteus sound set ROM. 
    @Funkfingers thanks I'll let you know how things go with @4string once he's had time to fish his out and send details over to me.

I did look at the VST which looks pretty capable, with one actually working as a sysex handler too, nifty. I'm lusting after some classic 80s Japanese plastics and then see if I can remember how to play Axel F :blush: 
    Still looking, but also for a DX-100 now if anyone has either lying around that they want to let go for cheap to a good home fire some details my way.
    wolsnah said:
    ... cheap to a good home fire ...
    Needs a comma. :)
    lol if/when I'm sorted my better half might think that's actually a good idea ;)