Quality Streets are better than roses

What's Hot

Comments

• When you guys are asked who is going to win a specific boxing match do you all answer "Superman"?
    No because Batman motherfucker!

Also I like *that" chocolate. No, the other one.

;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    [insert vaguely convincing sounding, but completely made-up sciency stuff] 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    edited December 2018
    Roses are the worst, made for old ladies. Quality street are better. The one with mini snickers is better , can't remember if that's heroes or celebrations. 

Discovered this Christmas that toblerone are not the delicious treat I remembered as a kid. 

I defected to jelly sweets from chocolate years ago and don't regret my life choice. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Quality Street and Roses are tied for shittest chocolates. Celebrations ftw, Galaxy is much better than Dairy Milk.
  • @PolarityMan - yes mate, you are 100% right. QS are better.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5163
    My Favourite chocolate is the humble Chocolate Freddo....  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Quality Street ftw. Heroes and Celebrations are just mini ordinary chocolates, what's the point of that?

Anyway it's got to be QS because the missus likes a big purple one.  ;)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    edited December 2018
    I don't eat any of those little wrapped chocolates. That 5 seconds of luxury takes 10 minutes running on a treadmill to burn off. No thanks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    Ferrero Rocher ftw
    Pah! They're just little balls of bitter disappointment
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5163
    edited December 2018
    axisus said:
    I don't eat any of those little wrapped chocolates. That 5 seconds of luxury taxes 10 minutes running on a treadmill to burn off. No thanks.
    This^^....a Lindt chocolate ball is 100 calories... which equates to about 10 mins on a treadmill/rowing machine/cross trainer.... s

edit....I am off to the gym now to burn off some Christmas Cranberry Cheese I may have over indulged in....
  • Which ones have the Crunchy Frog in?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    Whichever is the Cadbury's one.

You can keep your posh, 100% cocoa-solid "hear the snap" chocolate. When I (rarely) feel like some chocolate, a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk is what I reach for. I don't want a bitter taste, I want Dairy Milk.
  • TheMarlin said:
    My wife bought boxes of Heroes for around the house.  Nothing in there I’d eat.  Cadburys chocolate is horrible sickly stuff. 

To be fair, I don’t much like chocolate at the best of times, but milk chocolate is particularly nasty. 
    That's because Cadbury's don't make real chocolate. Not when you compare to proper brands like Lindt or Läderach
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Quality Street win, especially when done properly. 

John Lewis did choose your own flavours tins this year. Choose a minimum of three flavours in the proportions you want and pay for the tin by weight. 

We we got orange creams, strawberry creams and the purple one. 1.4 kg of them. Unfortunately all gone before we even reached Christmas Day. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    CHRISB50 said:
    We we got orange creams, strawberry creams and the purple one. 1.4 kg of them. Unfortunately all gone before we even reached Christmas Day. 
    It takes a special kind of psycho to actually enjoy the fruit flavoured ones. What the hell is wrong with your taste buds?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    TTBZ said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    It takes a special kind of psycho to actually enjoy the fruit flavoured ones. What the hell is wrong with your taste buds?!
    WTF!? They’re the only edible ones in there!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    57Deluxe said:
    I remember when Quality Street were made by Mackintosh's...

There's something very suggestive and 'rapey' about that tin.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    CHRISB50 said:
    TTBZ said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    WTF!? They’re the only edible ones in there!
     Sorry but no. He is right the fruit ones are the bottom of the list. The makers even did research and they are officially the least popular. Green ones are the daddies followed by the purple one. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Thing that fucks me off about Roses are the fact they've got rid of ALL the good flavours. The Brazil nut one with the plain chocolate was the best and now it's nowhere to be fucking seen. 

Cunts.