HX Effects - Amp Switching HELP!!

jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
edited December 2018 in FX
Helix users, your help would be very much appreciated!!

So I got my HX at Christmas but for the life of me can’t get it to control the reverb and Tremolo on my ‘68 Custom Princeton. 

The Princeton has a dead-simple footswitch, just two latching switches and a TRS cable, and from what I can tell in the circuit diagram, grounding the tip or the ring should DE-activate the an effect, while leaving then open activates the effect. Nothing more complicated than that going on. 

So ive got my TRS cable plugged in and I’ve switched the exp 1 input to be an amp switcher in ‘Global Settings’. I’ve then gone to command centre and allocated a footswitch to ‘ext amp’ and selected 1(Tip). Back in stomp mode I’ve confirmed that this has been carried over. But pressing the switch does nada. I’ve repeated with all other combinations of ring, tip and both, and with the second jack. 

Am am I missing something?? Currently the HX just keeps them off, both Effects come back on when I unplug the cable. Help me before I lose my mind!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    Do you have a multimeter? If so check the continuity along the cable, and then check that the Helix is shorting the correct connections.

Then check if shorting those connections with a paperclip or similar makes the amp do what you want.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4779
    edited December 2018
    I don't do this with my amp and my HX, as I can use MIDI to change amp settings, but...  I think you'll find the sockets on the HX are Line 6 standard, which means they're not TRS, they're TR only. You're going to need to use a cable with a TRS plug at one end and two TR plugs at the other. The same is true for expression pedals.