Chrimbo projects 2018 - The Result

What's Hot
Greetings folks,
Ok, a very short post this time as i dont have many photos to share. Yet. But i managed to complete the doubleneck uke, and bass guitar in time for Christmas. Admittedly i was still bolting things on on Christmas eve.... Overall, im happy with the end result. I dont play bass normally, so have no reference for whether it is 'good' or not. But it sounds OK (something not quite right with the electrics though - to be sorted later), and up to the 12th fret the neck carve is perfect. The uke? Well, the baritone side is Ok, and whilst the guitarlele side seems a little dead, sustain wise, it is loud.

Afraid the only photos taken of finished items arent fantastic, but give an idea of the colours (really pleased with the PRS-foil-a-like on the bass) in the flesh.

https://i.imgur.com/YXX2C83.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kKGDEmk.jpg

The bass headstock has a weird perspective thing going on in the photo's - it looks more in proportion in reality.

Many, many thanks to all those who have assisted with advice in the build threads. And to Alex from Alegree pickups and Steve R for the nitro rattlecans :)

For next year? Either an archtop or a harp I think!

Cheers for looking, and please comment/criticise freely :)

Adam
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That is one funky bass, very vibey!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Cheers :) So far, all i can tell you is that it does the intro to 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' and the Formula 1 tune quite nicely :)
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    They’re both a little bit crazy and a big bit awesome!
    Does your son like the uke?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    Crazy and awesome is good :) But nobody knows terror and fear like stringing an acoustic bridge for the first time when you're not certain it's glued properly. It gets tight about 4-5 semitones beneath pitch. And theres 10 darned strings on that thing! 
    I think he likes it though :)
    Just need to find a case for it somewhere....
    Ada
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    The twin neck looks like it has one eye and two mouths.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    edited January 2019
    Great job!  The uke is crazy and the bass is beautiful! 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    Well done my friend.  I like the bass......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks for the kind words chaps :) 
    Once i sort the too-quiet-humbucking pickup out, I'll try and post a video of the sounds. But i warn you now,  Christmas day was the first time id picked up a bass and played it!

Cheers,
    Adam