SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - REDUCED - Rare 1985 Bond Electraglide - all complete and working perfectly

What's Hot
Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 207
edited February 2019 in Guitars £

1985 Bond Electraglide - Carbon Fibre Guitar

Complete and Original - Museum Quality 

Hand made in Scotland, working perfectly and comes with original power supply, original lead and the Bond fitted hard case.

You may never have seen one, but you’ve almost certainly heard one.  Mick Jones played a Bond Electraglide with Big Audio Dynamite, The Edge used his throughout the ‘Joshua Tree’ album (including the solo on "One Tree Hill"), as well as on "Exit," and "Mothers of the Disappeared". Will Sergeant, John Turnbull, and Dave Stewart were also Electraglide users.

These were only made in 1984 and 85 and around 1400 were made worldwide. At first glance, it looks a bit like an old Melody Maker but it was regarded as engineering genius (and I believe it won some design awards).  It’s made from one piece carbon fibre and the fingerboard is stepped anodised aluminium steps which form the notes in the same way that frets do. It feels and plays like a well set up a fretted guitar.

It comes with its own power supply and the original Bond case. Everything works as it should, it plays and sounds great.  No fuss involved, just plug the guitar into the power supply (with the included TRS cable) then plug the power supply into the mains and take a standard guitar lead from there to your amp. 

Apart from the controls, there is nothing digital about this guitar, the sound & components are 100% analogue.  The pickup selector allows you to choose any combination of pickups and phase you want: There is an on/off for each and phase reverse for the neck and bridge (reversing both the neck and bridge is the same as reversing only the middle so every combination is possible).

I am happy to ship anywhere in the world and I always pack carefully but please note, the standard shipping price is Parcelforce tracked but not insured for full value.  Alternatively, you are welcome to collect and see it all working.

IMAGES - https://imgur.com/a/1bcirsY

£1,595 - (but I'm also looking for another Tele' or a 335).

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow! GLWTS. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Second wow, haven’t seen one of those in a long time, very rare and looks in great condition GLWTS
  • This just made my ‘need/don’t need/want’ list. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 207
    edited February 2019
    I'm still debating whether or not to sell it!  :/
  • BUMP - Price Reduced