Fireworks

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    edited January 2019
    octatonic said:
    We had all the fireworks drowned out by thunder, lightening and torrential, tropical rain. 
    Cool, that’s the sort of natural wonder display that people should go and stand in the middle of a field to experience!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33794
    edited January 2019
    mrkb said:
    octatonic said:
    We had all the fireworks drowned out by thunder, lightening and torrential, tropical rain. 
    Cool, that’s the sort of natural wonder display that people should go and stand in the middle of a field to experience!
    Actually it has just started up again (it is still monsoon season) and there are people still in the condo swimming pool.
    Not something I'd be doing myself- we are safely on the (covered) balcony and out of harm's way.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    I love fireworks.

I would happily ban private sales though. Organised displays only.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    the London display was phenomenal this year.. I watched it on telly and was still impressive.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

beed84 said:
    So, are these going to be going off while I try to watch Coronation Street and after I go to bed as well?
    Boring,tedious and repetitive fading stars and as for fireworks! 
    At least I can ban Corrie in my house 
    I was anticipating such a response. Have a genuine lol.

As the for the midnight shenanigans, I ended up sleeping through the fireworks in the end. 
  • Had them going off for about 2 hours last night after midnight, whilst in bed trying to sleep.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Where I live it sounded like the battle of the Somme kicking off just after midnight, but we couldn't actually see any fireworks in the sky. Must have all been happening in Reading.

We did get fireworks later on, though, when a drunk and angry young lady outside our bedroom window informed her drunk boyfriend that no, she was not a fucking moronic little cretin, HE was. And no she wasn't going to get in the taxi with him, and also he was a cunt, and he should fuck off. So he did fuck off in his taxi, and about ten minutes later she left in another one. 

"Forget it, Jake - it's Wokingham"

I might have expected Bracknell, but not Wokingham,?  Ah well what do we expect with all the new housing they are building everywhere here, it’s oviousky letting the wrong class of people in ;)

PS i know what you mean about the Somme yesterday.  It seems to be coming from all directions at the same time. Maybe if we found another Wokinghamite on here we could triangulate and see who was reponsible ! 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    Heard a few let off at round 9 but then there was nothing around our way at midnight. Mrs B were just congratulating ourselves at 1am that we’d escaped the usual onslaught when it all started. Went on till 2.30am too. I don’t object to NYE fireworks but why not let them off at midnight FFS ? 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    Weren't any of you lazy bastards working last night? 
    I couldn't hear a single firework over my flat-out HRD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Keep the fireworks but make them so that they don't go BANG so bloody loud.....
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I love fireworks.

Agree.  With all the abuse of these  stupid things such as putting them through letterboxes, tying them to animals and a myriad of other mindless acts, that they can be sold to  idiots barely intelligent enough to unscrew the top of their bottle of Buckfast.

People just aren't responsible enough to handle explosives.
  • Wolfetone said:
    I love fireworks.

Agree.  With all the abuse of these  stupid things such as putting them through letterboxes, tying them to animals and a myriad of other mindless acts, that they can be sold to  idiots barely intelligent enough to unscrew the top of their bottle of Buckfast.

Buckfast? Scotland’s contribution to armageddon?
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    57Deluxe said:
    the London display was phenomenal this year.. I watched it on telly and was still impressive.

The lack of classical music completely ruined it for me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Wolfetone said:
    I love fireworks.

Buckfast? Scotland’s contribution to armageddon?
    And Northern Ireland. They call it Lurgan champagne over here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sassafras said:
    57Deluxe said:

Could have turned off the TV sound and put some classic music on your Hi-Fi ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Fretwired said:
    Sassafras said:
    57Deluxe said:

Could have turned off the TV sound and put some classic music on your Hi-Fi ...
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/146911/classical-music-no-longer-a-popular-choice#latest