Announcement

TTonyTTony Frets: 27482
edited August 2013 in Making & Modding

The main purpose of this section is to act as a showcase for the UK guitar building & modding industry.

We will be inviting and encouraging the professional and semi-professional guitar builders, parts manufacturers and related businesses to join the forum and to use this section (and this section only) to showcase their work and promote their wares without being quite as "advertising".  We hope that businesses who join will also take part in other discussions across the forum, contributing their knowledge and experience to support other forum members in other discussions.

We will deliberately interpret "business" as loosely as possible to encourage the greatest participation possible.  Essentially, if you make money from your guitar-making and related business, then we'd like to see you here, whether you're full or part time, professional or semi-professional.

We intend that the "making and modding" section will be used by (and/or of use to) the pure hobbyists, ie those of us who enjoying making and modding their instruments, but do so without expecting any financial reward for doing so.

There is a grey area.  We'd hope that the business people here will continue to contribute their knowledge and experience to the "making and modding" section, where their posts are more of a tutorial/explanatory nature to help the hobbyists, rather than explicitly showcasing their own work.

We will also be inviting and encouraging customers of the businesses to contribute reviews of the guitars (etc) that they've bought, ideally with lots of photos, videos and soundclips.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27482
    edited August 2013

I will move existing discussions into this section as I find them.

If any of the discussion-starters objects to being moved and being classified as a "business", please PM me to let me know.

Similarly, if anyone has started discussions in other sections (Ash being a prime example) that they'd prefer to be moved into here, let me know.

However, we do encourage the "businesses" to get involved in all areas of this forum and not to just post in here. 

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom