Is there anything like this available in the UK?

Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-LOAR-LH-319-VS-ARCHTOP-Acoustic-Electric-P90-Guitar-B1096-/161078429055?pt=Guitar&hash=item258105c57f

It's a The Loar LH-319. I want one but you can't get them over here, as far as I know. So I'm looking for something similar. Anyone know of anything? If not, any other vintage-style archtops like it with a bridge pickup? Help a brother out.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't Godin do something similar?
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Thomann were selling Loars, but not sure it was that one..

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Don't Godin do something similar?
    indeed,   the 5th Avenue, but I think its a single p90 ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    I'm super picky. Godin do a 5th avenue, but the only one with a P90 in the bridge has a cutaway. I don't want a cutaway. Actually I think I may have found a place in Ireland who are getting some in soon.

http://www.moloneymusic.com/product-listing.php?cat=2&sid=3&ssid=29&sssid=0#nav3Guitars

Seems legit.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    Godin Kingpin II.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    dunno but that ebay shop might wanna rethink its name 0_o
  • jmasterjmaster Frets: 19
    edited August 2013
    that is very cool. Agreed with ICBM, though the no cutaway version only has a neck p90. They are very nice though and reasonably priced
    "have a good time, all the time" Spinal Tap
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    You could do what I did and throw a couple of P-90s into a Washburn HB15. I used the cutaway version because there was a cheap one in my local shop, but the non-cutaway would be very cool.

I've done maybe 50 gigs with mine in the last year or so and it sounds fantastic. They play very well, and the cheaper laminated construction is actually preferable for plugged in use IMO.

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/6848/p1010034ic.jpg

• Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    AHA!

It seems I have had a breakthrough!

David Wittig at Thomann, as well as Kieran at Moloney Music in Ireland tell me that they have some on order, and at a good price, too! Kieran informs me that the The Loar rep is on holiday until midweek, after which he will get back to me with some info on availability. Hopefully it will all go according to plan. It pays to hassle people by email!

Thanks for all your input guys. I think I really have my heart set on this this guitar, and I'd be disappointed if I had to settle for something with a different spec, or modify another model to get there.