Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Porsche Cayenne - anyone owned one?

What's Hot
looking for A sporty SUV...looked at a Cayenne, seems great .

I’m well aware of the obvious running cost etc...more about reliability, day to day use and so on.

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27076
    A friend has one - a Cayenne S from about 2009 iirc.  As SUVs go it's nice enough to drive. Plenty quick and really comfortable. He's had no major trouble with it

Personally I suspect I'd rather have a Macan (or a 4-series or MX-5!), but I assume if you're looking at Cayenne's you're already set on the big SUV thing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72406
    Are you a middle-aged woman with designer clothing, too much make-up and a phone surgically attached to your ear?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

16reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    A friend had a 2013 diesel from new. Once you get beyond the looks (which if you’re considering one, you presumably already have) it was incredibly comfortable, quiet - and quick. For such a big lump, it was also remarkably agile.

I always hated the things - but having travelled in his in a few occasions, I completely changed my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Are you a middle-aged woman with designer clothing, too much make-up and a phone surgically attached to your ear?
    If so, you may be the person I see regularly on the M8 driving a Cayenne with an all-over pink wrap :)

Actually that’s unfair, the driver in question seems totally competent but the colour of  the car is something else...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Make sure you get one with the very rare optional extra of indicators. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    I used to work for a Managing Director that had one and I hated travelling with him in it - Felt cramped in the back too. It didn't feel smooth in my experience.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Great car all round but unless you can afford the latest shape they are simply ugly
     Macan is far nicer
    All the genuine Pikeys round here have older Cayennes so they look a bit chavvy ( the better off travellers have new Range Rovers )
     Panamera have become very cheap if you don't desperately need 4 wheel drive
    If you do the Tuareg is the common platform ,better value and considerably better looking 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27076
    Schnozz said:
    I used to work for a Managing Director that had one and I hated travelling with him in it - Felt cramped in the back too. It didn't feel smooth in my experience.
    Smoothness will depend on 2 things - model and driver. The top end ones are much stiffly sprung with a pretense of being "sporty". It does make them quicker round a track but why anyone would ever consider that a priority for an SUV I'll never know. 

The other element is the driving style. Just cos you have a fancy car doesn't stop people from being shitty drivers! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

ICBM said:
    As my mate ,who is as common as muck and worth £100m plus says ;
     "Better Nouveau Riche than Never Riche " !
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Range Rover sport is an option, and really like my Freelander HSe but ive been so disgruntled with Land Rover customer service over the last few years I’m loathe to have another, Ive driven a few evokes, sports etc.

Q7 is too big, BMW X6...not sure another that shape...X5 dated now.

Perosnally I’d forgoe the SUV and get a Z4m coupe.....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    My only input on this is they are one of ugliest cars you can buy these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    underdog said:
    My only input on this is they are one of ugliest cars you can buy these days.
    So you would buy....?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    ICBM said:
    ...or moderately successful pimp, human trafficker or drug dealer? 

Still, it's a car you can park anywhere. As double yellow lines and , especially, the zig zag lines outside schools don't apply. Actually I saw one yesterday, driven carefully through a residential area. So I reported it as stolen. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I was browsing AutoTrader at work, whilst bored and noticed how cheap older Cayennes go for, probably more reliable than a Range Rover too
    Yes but incredibly expensive if something does go wrong
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72406
    sweepy said:
    I was browsing AutoTrader at work, whilst bored and noticed how cheap older Cayennes go for
    Presumably because most of the people who want one wouldn't be seen dead in anything that's not the latest model, and anyone else wouldn't be seen dead in one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have a friend who has one and I've been in it loads of times. He's had it from new, it must be 8 years old and he drives it everyday. Quiet, spacious, quick - a really nice SUV. He has not had a major issue - he gets it serviced and maintained at our local Porsche dealer.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    I've just had a look, and it costs two grand more than my very nice house did in 2001. I can think of a hundred better things to spend it on rather than having that kind of money rotting on the drive. 

We live in a strange world. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    And a Bentley Bentayga costs a shit load more than that still ..................such is life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3488
    x5's are pants, I wouldn't, the x3 is a much better car, but for performance the Audis are well worth a look. Why not wait for the new Defender? Thats going to be an awesome vehicle, or it will be utter pants but my guess is it will be the former.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.