SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB true Firebird pickups in Humbucker size - or failing that P90 size

Since I had a firebird with Klein firebird pickups (which sounded glorious) and let it go - I've been gassing for those pickups to put in an SG. So curious to see if there is anything out there in a humbucker size, or failing that p90 size that I can swap into a P90 guitar if I find a suitable donor. (I don't want another firebird).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    These. https://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/product-page/winterizer-ii ;

I bought the pair in this G&B magazine review in one of OCP's workshop clearance sales. Occasionally, I find the bridge/Treble position pickup annoyingly bright and slightly underpowered. To me, that means that it has nailed the sound.

Other UK pickup makers probably offer 'bird style pickups but, as I have not tried any, I cannot possibly comment on them.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Sent you a PM :)
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Thanks guys - replied :)
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    Modern Firebird neck pup of interest?
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    gjonesy said:
    Modern Firebird neck pup of interest?
    Hi Mate, no thanks - not if its from the new gibsons, I think they are minihumbuckers rather than true firebird pickups. I really want some more Kleins, but they are bloody expensive!!