NPD: Strymons :-(

What's Hot
I'm a Kemper owner and I'm a very bad person, I know this.

I missed these two in my life...

And also, thanks to @garfy, I'm trying out an old favourite with the Kemper...

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    You can’t beat the visual and tactile feedback of pedals when it comes to something explorative like delay.  If I wanted to look at a screen to change my settings I’d be using a DAW.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, welcome back, boy bach  :)
  • I love kemper and then amp & pedals equally for separate reasons. No harm in that!
  • You make a good point @mixolyd, but strangely, I don't have an issue with the Kemper interface for delays - or anything else really, I find it intuitive and great. :-)

I got these two because ever since I got my Axe FX back in early 2017 and now, with the Kemper and numerous VSTs, I have got close but not close enough to the sounds I used to love creating with them. I won't be building a pedalboard to take outside of my studio room, they're pretty much only going to be used for recording because the Kemper gets close for when I'm out and about, which is rarely.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    mixolyd said:
    You can’t beat the visual and tactile feedback of pedals when it comes to something explorative like delay.  If I wanted to look at a screen to change my settings I’d be using a DAW.
    You've got a great point.

I'm a Kemper user (for all fx too), and I miss pedals for tweaking.  Man I miss pedals.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    edited January 2019
    joeyowen said:
    mixolyd said:
    You've got a great point.

I'm a Kemper user (for all fx too), and I miss pedals for tweaking.  Man I miss pedals.
      Not the only one
  • The Kemper delays don't sound that great imho. So I'm not too surprised you went back to pedals for it!

Bye!

• The Kemper delays don't sound that great imho. So I'm not too surprised you went back to pedals for it!
    Ah, I'm a big fan of the Kemper delays, think they're great. I've managed to do some amazing things with the Kemper delays, and some stuff I've been trying to achieve with pedals for a long time, so I'm really thankful for the delays in the box. These two little boxes suit different and very specific purposes for me though, so I'm happy I have the best of both worlds! :-)

Drew, have you tried the delays since the major delay update last year? Have to be honest, there's not much in there that I can't do with those delays, for my needs of course.

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Disappointed, I thought I was going to see a Volante!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • @zepp76 haha, not for me. I'm a big El Cap fan, if the Volante had the same algo, I'd have gone for it, but to my knowledge it doesn't. Was actually going to ask about your El Cap availability but didn't want to be the catalyst for extra spending in the Zepp76 household! haha :-)

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Ha! My El Cap is going nowhere, I love it too much to part with it but that Volante has me intrigued. I just can't spend too much at the mo as my money is tied up in my Italy/France trip in may which is causing me even more angst as a Fender Aerodyne Tele has come up on eBay and I've been after one for years! Bloomin typical.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • zepp76 said:
    Ha! My El Cap is going nowhere, I love it too much to part with it but that Volante has me intrigued. I just can't spend too much at the mo as my money is tied up in my Italy/France trip in may which is causing me even more angst as a Fender Aerodyne Tele has come up on eBay and I've been after one for years! Bloomin typical.
    'Tis always the way mate! Enjoy Italy/France though, sounds great!

Ah, I'm a big fan of the Kemper delays, think they're great. I've managed to do some amazing things with the Kemper delays, and some stuff I've been trying to achieve with pedals for a long time, so I'm really thankful for the delays in the box. These two little boxes suit different and very specific purposes for me though, so I'm happy I have the best of both worlds! :-)

Drew, have you tried the delays since the major delay update last year? Have to be honest, there's not much in there that I can't do with those delays, for my needs of course.
    Yeah I was using them a month or two ago. Just didn't find them all that special. They are of course capable. But they're pretty standard to me.

Bye!

Yeah I was using them a month or two ago. Just didn't find them all that special. They are of course capable. But they're pretty standard to me.
    Yes, agree with you there, nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Just a lot of scope to get plenty out of them.

• So I've messed about a bit with the SS-3 into the Kemper and it's delivered everything I remember about it, such a gorgeous sounding overdrive. Oh dear.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    It’s a long, slippery slope !

Im with you on both counts though Jonathan... the El Cap is superb and Id like to own one again. The sound-on-sound feature is superb.

With regards to Kemper delays, I think that they are superb. They can be very creative; for example, running a subtle reverse delay hidden underneath the existing one.

Im gasing for a delay at the moment, to run with the Carr Mercury V.
  • It’s a long, slippery slope !

Im with you on both counts though Jonathan... the El Cap is superb and Id like to own one again. The sound-on-sound feature is superb.

With regards to Kemper delays, I think that they are superb. They can be very creative; for example, running a subtle reverse delay hidden underneath the existing one.

It is indeed a slippery slope mate. I can see myself getting back a few of my old favourites now I know this SS-3 works.

Love the El Cap, I have missed it, I'll be honest! What pedals are you considering for delay for your new amp then?

It’s a long, slippery slope !

It is indeed a slippery slope mate. I can see myself getting back a few of my old favourites now I know this SS-3 works.

Love the El Cap, I have missed it, I'll be honest! What pedals are you considering for delay for your new amp then?
    I'm down to a choice of about 50... :)

I dunno,...???

Free The Tone FT 2, El Cap, Timeline, Dunlop Echoplex... Ive owned em all before too !!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a long, slippery slope !

I'm down to a choice of about 50... :)

I dunno,...???

Free The Tone FT 2, El Cap, Timeline, Dunlop Echoplex... Ive owned em all before too !!!!
    Haha, I know this feeling. Happy hunting and enjoy the ride! It's my experience that nothing satisfies with delay. That's why I've just gone for the pedals I know I love. There's no pedal out there that ticks all the boxes for me, just a few that do one or two things that I love really well. So it'll be these and the Kemper and a few others in future, I imagine.

Just bought my first pedal in AGES (Hudson Broadcast)...

The Carr Mercury V has started the slide... ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom