Ampero - Helix on a budget?

What's Hot
timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
Hotone has a number of neat things releasing at NAMM, not least this...
Ampero details here

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    If only Line 6 had put the HX stomp in that case
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    If only Line 6 had put the HX stomp in that case
    ...the HOSTOMP ? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited January 2019
    I am in the market for a digital unit and between this, the new GE300 and HX Stomp, my money will be going to Line 6 (for the first time ever) provided I don't cave and buy a Fly Rig V2 instead. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting stuff - I think I am in the market for a compact inexpensive floor-based unit. The GE300 looks really interesting and now there's this one...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Be nice if they showed what the screen looks like when it's actually switched on.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited January 2019
    Sassafras said:
    Be nice if they showed what the screen looks like when it's actually switched on.
    Is odd because it looks better too.
    If you checkout Hotoneaudio on instagram they have pics with the screen functioning and more new releases. I don't think I can post instagram images. But i'll try here..

Worked!

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited January 2019
    Now that looks interesting. £350 is a reasonable price and will probably end up at £299 after a while.  And at £299 I'd be willing to give it a go if I liked the tones.

If the tones and modelling are good, it could give Line 6 some serious food for thought.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Looks like 4CM wouldn't be an option though?

I'm kind of tempted by the Headrush gigboard actually...more footswitches than the HX stomp, touch screen, etc...I'm not bothered by the lack of expression pedal. I'd prefer to use my switchless wah anyway and put it on the correct (i.e. left) side.  =)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    There's also the new Mooer GE300 which looks really good. I'm interested to see all the new budget digital gear at NAMM this year. The main thing that keeps swaying me back to wanting a HX Stomp is the solid customer and tech support which I think is important for digital stuff. Not sure you'd get the same from these budget brands.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited January 2019
    TTBZ said:
    There's also the new Mooer GE300 which looks really good. I'm interested to see all the new budget digital gear at NAMM this year. The main thing that keeps swaying me back to wanting a HX Stomp is the solid customer and tech support which I think is important for digital stuff. Not sure you'd get the same from these budget brands.
    Yup, I hear you. But the HX stomp is overkill for me and way more than I'd want to spend. The Moore GE300 looks really good too.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited January 2019
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2927
    Voxman said:
    Now that looks interesting. £350 is a reasonable price and will probably end up at £299 after a while.  And at £299 I'd be willing to give it a go if I liked the tones.

If the tones and modelling are good, it could give Line 6 some serious food for thought.
    Food for thought about what? It's a blatant ripoff of the Helix family. Line 6 have pretty much covered every price point.

It is cheaper than the Stomp, but there will be compromises. Line 6 are still releasing major updates over 3 years on from original release, with more planned. Will you get that from Mooer or Hotone? Doubt it.