New Tech 21 Flyrig - V2

What's Hot
paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
edited January 2019 in FX
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited January 2019
    And  few other nice functions too, love my original, it's a back-up for the Helix so never really used it outside of a rehearsal, but it does sound good

Just noticed, the boost is now pre or post which is great, would have liked both, but you cant have everything :)
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited January 2019
    I can feel my fly rig 5 plummeting in value as I type. ..

Do I still go ahead with my planned HX stomp purchase ? or do I get one of these updated fly rig V2 models instead? 

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I can feel my fly rig 5 plummeting in value as I type. ..

Do I still go ahead with my planned HX stomp purchase ? or do I get one of these updated fly rig V2 models instead? 

Very different approaches to a small/light amp/effects thingy..The stomp will be a lot more flexible, you're not stuck with a single amp model and limited effects, and have the ability to record with it, but as a no-faff, great sounding box the fly-rig looks the business, I'd probably get both ;)
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I've been holding out for this, but I'm annoyed that the RK one doesn't have a loop.  If you want to use the XLR out, you have to run any extra effects pre-dirt.  I had the same frustration with the Atomic Firebox.

The standard FR 5v2 has a loop, but they still seem to waste a footswitch on turning the Sansamp on/off.  Who needs to do that mid-song?  I'd much rather have that on a smaller push-button like the RK v2.  End result is I'm kinda torn between them!
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Annoying they still haven't seen fit to do a retro version for the less rawk-minded.

If they did one with tuner, boost, Blonde preamp, a really nice tremolo, analog-style delay and spring/hall reverb, I'd be flinging money at them.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    What a shame the rk version doesn’t have the pre/post option on the boost - I’d have ordered one as they are available.     I’ll check the sounds on the standard model but iirc from trying the previous versions I much preferred the sound of the rk. 
  • Really like my FR5 a lot but it's a little frustrating when you see these very desirable tweaks coming along and you think well, I'm not buying a new one just for that but now I'm a bit pissed off that mine isn't as good.  It's the way of the world, I know, and no point in grumping but still an irritation.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”