Gumtree doing my head in!

What's Hot
longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
edited April 2014 in Guitar

I've been lusting after a Peerless Songbird for months and have just noticed a banner ad for Gumtree for one in the exact colour I want at a price well within my budget.

Click on the link and hey presto - no trace of the guitar!

God knows when it was actually for sale - I've just noticed the Egnater head I sold a couple of months ago has just started appearing in Gumtree's banner ads too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gumtree is crap mate. It's well known as well that they make up fake ads to boost their appeal to sell with them.

The trade-it have been doing it for years too.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited April 2014
    It's well known as well that they make up fake ads to boost their appeal to sell with them.
    I think this must be one?

• There were a couple of peerless on gumtree when I was looking for a semi hollow a few weeks ago
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Cheers for that - unfortunately with me being a lefty southpaw ones are as rare as hens teeth :-(
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Me too. There's a bass I want, replied to the ad twice, and no response. So freakin annoying.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Is it the case they generate so-called ads based on your Google searches? Also older ads long since removed by sellers are still archived so as to.show up on Google searches, but when you click through to GT itself...no sign.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom