Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM - New 20W Marshalls?

What's Hot
slateslate Frets: 89
edited January 2019 in Amps
Screenshot from tonejunkietv's Instagram feed from 5 hours ago...
https://imgur.com/5u6xABY
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    A 20 watt JTM45 I’m not sure I’d see the point as it’s 30 watts normally so the difference wouldn’t be huge.

A 20 watt plexi would be interesting. I don’t know how they’d do it though because to me a plexi sound is loud and powerful and not all about overdrive. 

A 20 watt JCM800 would be great but I think they’d owe @ICBM some money as he’s been banging the drum for that one for quite some time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    Ooo! It does not appear to have a stand by switch?

Dave.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    I keep getting logged out then get a weird "box" when I try to login. Anyone else having problems?

Dave.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    shaunm said:
    A 20 watt JTM45 I’m not sure I’d see the point as it’s 30 watts normally so the difference wouldn’t be huge.

A 20 watt plexi would be interesting. I don’t know how they’d do it though because to me a plexi sound is loud and powerful and not all about overdrive. 

A 20 watt JCM800 would be great but I think they’d owe @ICBM some money as he’s been banging the drum for that one for quite some time.
    It wasn’t my idea! But it’s the right one. Hundreds of people have been asking why they hadn’t done it already.

I can see the point of 20W JTM45 and Plexis too, provided they’re done right - big transformers and valves and TMBP tone controls so they sound like lower-power versions of the same thing and not like small amps - which is what the pic looks like, at least from the front. And physically smaller.

A vertical 2x12” is a great cabinet choice too - I agree about the V-Type not being ideal... why not just do the job right and use Greenbacks?! But it wouldn’t be Marshall if they didn’t cut a corner *somewhere*, and speakers are at least easy to change...

ecc83 said:
    Ooo! It does not appear to have a stand by switch?
    It does - it’s a centre-off high and low power switch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited January 2019
    Fantastic!!!

Now for years of waiting for them to be released
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm buying one of each when they come out.

Amp search is over!!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    Look really cool.

I think the big question is how well/poorly are they built?
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Fabulous!  But way overdue.  I'd love to try the Studio Classic (JCM800).

If you're looking for value for money though, the Victory Sheriff 22 does both the plexi and JCM800 heads in the same box for the price of one of these new Marshalls, albeit with EL84s.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I just spent 15 minutes reading the TGP thread on them - it wasn't entirely a waste of time as it reminded me why I never go there any more, which will save me doing the same thing again in the future.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Presume these will be the same physical size as the mini jubilee & dsl stuff........
  • Twinfan said:
    Fabulous!  But way overdue.  I'd love to try the Studio Classic (JCM800).

If you're looking for value for money though, the Victory Sheriff 22 does both the plexi and JCM800 heads in the same box for the price of one of these new Marshalls, albeit with EL84s.  
    Or even cheaper the Laney Cub 12R is the 2203 circuit in the preamp, followed by a pair of EL84.

• john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    Richtone have them up for pre-order. Wish the combo was a 1x12 instead of a 1x10 though.
    No mention of FX loop on the 800... Surely they haven’t come this far and left out the loop?!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    850 quid? 

Are these uk made then?
    terada said:
    850 quid? 

Are these uk made then?
    Yes apparently so.
    I suspect they're a spin-off of the Mini Jube.  Cathode biased 20w EL34 power section with either a plexi or JCM800 front end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    I'll be getting the plexi model for sure :-) 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    hmmm....why are all the links dead now?
    I think people jumped the gun - the amps haven't been launched yet.  Maybe later today?