Huey Lewis hearing loss

What's Hot
lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
Old news, I learnt that the frontman of my favourite rock and roll band as a kid, Huey Lewis & the news, had to cancel all future engagements due to hearing loss. Doctors say it's disease related. Still, a good warning for all guitarists to protect their hearing and wear ear plugs or turn down the volume. As Huey told Marty McFly, "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud".

Or as Huey wrote on his website:
April 13, 2018 – Two and a half months ago, just before a show in Dallas, I lost most of my hearing. Although I can still hear a little, one on one, and on the phone, I can’t hear music well enough to sing. The lower frequencies distort violently making it impossible to find pitch. I’ve been to the House Ear Institute, the Stanford Ear Institute, and the Mayo Clinic, hoping to find an answer. The doctors believe I have Meniere’s disease and have agreed that I can’t perform until I improve. Therefore the only prudent thing to do is to cancel all future shows. Needless to say, I feel horrible about this, and wish to sincerely apologize to all the fans who’ve already bought tickets and were planning to come see us. I’m going to concentrate on getting better, and hope that one day soon I’ll be able to perform again. Sincerely, Huey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments