NAD ...Bassbreaker 15

What's Hot
Ok...it's actually not here yet, I'm collecting it tomorrow. I played it today and it wasn't what I was originally after (HRD was top of my list) but I was blown away by it. Sounds great, plenty of head room and I really like the gain sounds. 

It's scratched the itch I had to get a proper amp again and is cheap, small, loud and light enough to be a great fit for my needs. 

Got a b stock one with a couple of barely noticeable marks on the cloth, for £350.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This thing sounds utterly glorious driven by me R8! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Noice , lovely contrast between the gorgeous LP top and utilitarian amp.

There was the 18/30 2x12 one of these on Guntree this week for some stupid price (£250 ?) . I had no need for it but by GAS muscle was a-twitching for a few hours thinking about it.
  • Yeah I think the 1x12s have sold like hotcakes because they're so manageable but sound great. There's a lot more choice if you go full size 1x12 or 2x12. This is about the same size as my Katana 100. Quite a bit heavier, but not back breaking by any stretch. 

I'm really pleased with it. The 3 gain stages make for some very versatile sound options, and it's a lot more Marshally on stage 3 than most traditional Fender amps manage. 

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Lovely!
  • I’ve also got one on the way - £270 used. Am excited to give it a go! Can something so cheap prove gig worthy? I look forward to hearing your thoughts. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Before I got my amp they were high on my gas list, and quite a strong contender. Hope you enjoy! HNAD! 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3862
    Congrats. Love that grey tweed colour. Although l can't help thinking that a great guitar like that deserves an equally great amp to go with it...
  • I’ve also got one on the way - £270 used. Am excited to give it a go! Can something so cheap prove gig worthy? I look forward to hearing your thoughts. 
    I've used it in a 300 seat theatre style room, with a full band. No issues at all, and I've always got the option of micing it up or the DI out if I need more volume. It's VERY loud for a 15 watter 

• Lebarque said:
    Congrats. Love that grey tweed colour. Although l can't help thinking that a great guitar like that deserves an equally great amp to go with it...
    Alas, I cannot afford, nor do I really need a Matchless ...but it's not completely ruled out down the line ;) 

• Had one of these. Bang for the buck = amazing! If you get the chance to try a Thorpy peacekeeper into one do so, they go together like chalk and cheese.

• Had one of these. Bang for the buck = amazing! If you get the chance to try a Thorpy peacekeeper into one do so, they go together like chalk and cheese.

I have been on the lookout for a Veteran actually. Either way, that's most of the cost of the amp again! 

Isn’t the phrase ‘chalk and cheese’ generally used to describe when two people or things don’t get along??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Got my BB15... sounds really good. Tiny bit of noise but it's NOT signal-affecting - using an attenuator eliminates it, practically. Nice tones, feels solid, I even like the big knobs. Only thing that could help is a more open-sounding speaker - any suggestions?? Gonna play it as-is for the time being. 

Will it replace my '68 Princeton? Maybe - the 68CPR feels a little bit like a one-trick pony after playing this, and a 10-inch speaker really shows its weaknesses when sat right next to a 12... decisions!

@Legionreturns how you getting on with yours?
  • Got my BB15... sounds really good. Tiny bit of noise but it's NOT signal-affecting - using an attenuator eliminates it, practically. Nice tones, feels solid, I even like the big knobs. Only thing that could help is a more open-sounding speaker - any suggestions?? Gonna play it as-is for the time being. 

Will it replace my '68 Princeton? Maybe - the 68CPR feels a little bit like a one-trick pony after playing this, and a 10-inch speaker really shows its weaknesses when sat right next to a 12... decisions!

@Legionreturns how you getting on with yours?
    I'm loving it! Over the weekend the HX Effects I bought from this parish arrived, and now sits in front of this. Essentially, all I really need is a loud clean and boy does it deliver! Used it at the studio on Sunday and this weekend it will feature as one of the backline amps for the Huddersfield tFB jam evening gig. I have absolute confidence that it will more than hold it's own. 

I'll be recording the gig though, so you can judge!