wiring diagram for two pickups with coil tap's to 1 push pull pot?

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
edited April 2014 in Guitar
Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for two coil tapped pickups running to just 1 push pull pot?

The pickups are p90s if that helps... Yes they are special coil tapped p90s
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72406
    Connect the tap wires to the middle terminals of the pull-switch and the full-coil wires to the two closest to the pot body, and from those to the selector switch, or volume controls (where those connections go normally).

Each side of the switch then connects the tap to the full coil when the switch is pulled.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers chief my mate is asking and I'm at work and away from a computer. Hopefully that helps him.

Old Is Gold
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72406
    edited April 2014
    That two-humbucker diagram won't work well with most tapped single coils - it's designed so one pickup splits to hot and one to ground, so the result is hum cancelling in the middle position. You don't want to shunt the tap to ground on a single coil, because that will usually cut the lower part (the majority) of the coil. You could reverse the wiring on the pickups if that's what you want to do, but only if it's not shielded cabling.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3324
    Good to know have a wisdom!